𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯

THE GIRLS AND I WERE WALKING OUT OF EMILY'S TALKING ABOUT A FEW THINGS

THE GIRLS AND I WERE WALKING OUT OF EMILY'S TALKING ABOUT A FEW THINGS. Hanna was at home. Since her and Caleb broke up, she's wanted to be alone. I can't say I blame her.

"I thought Hanna was joining us for dinner." Emily spoke.

"Hanna hasn't eaten since Tuesday." Spencer retorted.

Poor Hanna. It's all because of A. It's always because of A.

"Should we grab a pizza and go over there?" Emily asked.

"Not unless the topping is Caleb." I replied.

"If you guys want to go see her, can you just go without me? I already feel bad enough I convinced her to tell Caleb." Aria asked.

"Okay, with or without you, she was backed into a corner." Emily replied.

"This A does not feel like a high school girl playing games." I added. There's something about this A that feels different. Scarier.

"Well, if you figure out those rules, can you tell the rest of us?" Aria asked.

"You know what? I'm not really hungry anymore." Emily muttered.

"Me either. My stomach's in a knot." Aria replied.

"So's my neck. I haven't been able to brush the back of my head in like, a year and a half." Spencer went on. This A really has us messed up.

"Spence, don't let Wilden freak you out. If the police knew that we were lying about the lake house-" Aria went on. I guess after Spencer left Jason's, Wilden stopped and asked how far the lake house is from here.

"Not just the lake house, what about the negatives of that picture, Ali's missing body, all the things we buried with her- any of that could get us arrested." Emily rambled. We are really in a mess here. We've told so many lies to everyone, we don't know what's true anymore. This is what A makes us do.

After a second, we heard sirens rush down the street. Police and ambulances showed up in front of Garrett's house.

"Why are they at Garrett's?" I whispered.

"Who else lives in his house besides his parents?" Aria asked. I think it's just his parents.

"I don't think they've been outside since he was arrested." Emily explained.

"Having a son in jail for two murders might keep you indoors." Spencer replied sarcastically.

Then, we watched his mom being taken out on a stretcher and loaded into the ambulance. What the hell happened?

In the shadows, I saw the figure of a person in a black hoodie, watching everything go down between what was happening at Garrett's and us.

A.

Is A responsible for this? Of course A is, who am I kidding?

I gestured for the girls to look and pointed to the bushes frantically.