𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦

IT'S SAFE TO SAY NONE OF US GOT MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT

IT'S SAFE TO SAY NONE OF US GOT MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT. I mean, how could we? We all stayed with Spencer because no one wanted to be alone. The fact we knew A was in this house right after we left is unsettling.

Aria brought the letter A mailed to Ella. She wanted me to read it.

Dear Ella Montgomery,

Your husband, Byron, is involved with another woman and when I say involved I mean in a "romantic" way. This is not something recent. It started before your family went away to Iceland and from the look of things, it may be starting up again now that you're back.

I know this is hard to hear, but it is the truth.

If you don't believe this about your husband, ask your daughters. They know all about it.

Sincerely,
A

The anger I felt after reading this is something I have never felt before. It's like my skin was boiling.

"A sent this letter to my mom." Aria let out as I gave it back to her. All of us were sitting in the kitchen trying to make sense of everything that has happened in the last 12 hours.

"You know it's not your fault, right? Both of you. It's your dad's mistake, totally." Emily tried to comfort us with.

"It is our fault." I let out and looked down at my hands.

"You did not hook up with her and then ask your kids to cover for you." Spencer spoke.

"Ali told us we should've told her right after it happened." Aria muttered. Alison was right. We have been holding onto this for too long.

"Ali? Alison knew?" Emily questioned.

"Yeah, she was with me." Aria replied and sipped her coffee.

"So, Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked.

Hanna's eyes widened. "Meredith? Her name is Meredith? Ew, that is not even a cute girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots." She spoke. That would make me feel better if Meredith was actually ugly.

"Hanna, I think it's a little too soon to joke." Spencer warned her.

"I'm sorry, but if you're gonna cheat you might as well do it with someone who deep conditions her hair occasionally." Hanna replied. Aria scoffed while I just shook my head.

Spencer handed her a muffin. "Here, put something in your mouth besides your foot."

Hanna turned to face us. "I'm sorry, okay? Look, all I'm saying is that when my dad left, laughing sometimes helped. So did crying."

I knew this was going to piss Aria off.

"My father hasn't left, guys. I mean this happened over a year ago." Aria spoke as she went over to the counter. I followed. No one said a word. I knew someone was going to be leaving, whether it's Ella or Byron. "You think he's gonna leave?"