𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳

WE RAN THROUGH THE HALLS LOOKING FOR HER

WE RAN THROUGH THE HALLS LOOKING FOR HER. We screamed for her but she couldn't hear us.

When we made it up the stairs, Spencer turned on the light for it to just flicker. Great. 

"Um, why don't we split up?" Spencer suggested. Has she seen any horror movie?

"Um, why don't we not?" Hanna snapped back. I nodded at her and Spencer relented.

"Fine, we'll split up together." She huffed.

Aria pulled out her phone and started dialing a number.

"Who are you calling?" Hanna exasperated.

"I'm trying her until she picks up!" Aria exclaimed back.

And well, Emily didn't answer but we heard her phone ringing. We followed the noise to right outside the chemistry lab. Her phone was on the ground but she was no where near it.

"Emily?" I called as I slowly walked in the room, afraid I'd find Toby instead.

There was no response but when we saw the mess in here, we knew there was some kind of a struggle. There was a red fluid on the floor.

"Is that blood?" Hanna asked as we all stared at it.

"Hanna, don't go there." Aria muttered.

"Why not? She was up here with Toby." Hanna replied.

Dear god, this is turning to be a nightmare.

***

Emily is okay. Toby brought her to the hospital after their tussle last night. Her mom called to tell us she was fine and we could come see her. Spencer, Aria and I are here waiting for Hanna, but we didn't wait to explain to her what he found out about Toby.

"It was in Toby's file. Toby and Jenna had a relationship." I let her know.

"Way beyond step-siblings." Spencer added.

"Yeah, they were involved." Aria said.

"Romantically?" Emily questioned.

"I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice." Spencer replied.

"That's what Alison saw when she threw the stink bomb." I continued.

"Yeah, and she threatened to expose Toby which is probably why he wanted her dead." Spencer said.

"And not just her. Us and you." Aria added.

Emily just looked away, not looking any of us in the eye.

"You don't believe us?" Spencer questioned.

"I do, I...I just don't get it. If Toby killed Alison and he wanted to do the same to me, then why am I sitting in my bed and not in a body bag?" She asked. That's what we're trying to figure out.