𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦

"I WAS AFRAID SHE WOULDN'T GET IT DONE IN TIME FOR THE MEMORIAL

"I WAS AFRAID SHE WOULDN'T GET IT DONE IN TIME FOR THE MEMORIAL." Aria said as she pushed a wooden box into Spencer's living room.

Alison's memorial crept upon us faster than I envisioned. It's bringing back a lot of memories for us. Good and bad.

On top of the memories, Jason is coming back for this. We tried to aim for Alison's parents, but it was too hard for them. They're sending him instead. I wish I could avoid him, but that is going to be impossible. I am dreading this.

I talked to Wren once since our date the other night. Both of us have weird feelings since everything happened. I wish we never had sex. It changed everything.

Honestly, I am terrified. The girls still had no idea about Jason and I. I should tell them before he comes. I know I should. But how would they react? This isn't a little thing. At least, it isn't to me.

I need to tell them. For his and my sake. Him coming back brings up a lot of unwarranted memories they are going to witness. I'm going to need them in my corner.

My head is in the clouds. I haven't seen him since the night Ali went missing. What is he going to look like? How is he going to speak to me? What would he say? What would I even say?

He never called me again after I sent him that message which I am slightly grateful for. I don't know what else to say to him. I mean, what do you say? He lost his sister, ran off and got sober, leaving me behind like I was nothing. There's no how-to book when it comes to this situation. I get why he went away. He needed to, but I didn't get a goodbye. No letter. No note. No text. No call. No voicemail. It's like he was the one that died. I thought he loved me. Maybe he did but, I just can't fathom the fact he'd leave someone he loves without telling them. I called and texted him for months. I told him I was going to Iceland and I wanted to see him one last time. He said nothing.

"Oh, what about the program?" I asked Spencer, snapping myself out of my thoughts.

"Almost done, but we should finish it before Ali's brother gets here." Spencer replied and I tensed up. Aria looked at me.

I can't get over how he's "Ali's brother" to them, but he's "Jason" to me.

"And when is that?" Aria asked, keeping her eyes on mine. She was the only one who sensed the tension for me.

"Tonight. And he wants to see us in the morning."

Tonight. He comes tonight.

"Okay, you know what? I barely remember Jason." Hanna said.

I did.

"We didn't know him. He was just Ali's older brother down the hall." Emily said.

Oh, how wrong you are.

"Behind the closed door."

Which sometimes I was in.

"With his hardcore punk music vibrating the floorboards."