Chapter 48: Wow. Rude.

Finn

We were waiting for Chaska, Alex, and Lady Athena to eat and play around. Nova and Booker were playing fetch when the final three appeared. Lady noticed Nova and Booker and whined, pointing at them with her paw and then hitting Alex's leg with it. What's up with all of the dogs around me being geniuses?

"Go play Lady! Go!" Alex said, shooing her away.

Lady immediately took off and ran up to Nova, hitting her with her paw and then pointed to Booker. Nova called him back and took the ball from his mouth, gesturing for him to sit and wait.

"It's her turn. You wait."

Booker wasn't even paying attention. He was staring Lady down hard. At first I was worried because I've never seen him look at another dog like that but when she came back with the ball he crouched down and rolled onto his back for her, showing his big and goofy smile.

Lady got in the play stance and took off so Booker followed. Nova tossed the ball in their direction and came back, joining the five of us at the table and asked if we were ready to eat.

"What'd you make?" Finch asked as she looked at the array of covered plates all over the table.

"I made tacos, fruit salad, a veggie tray, and Alex I know you're a vegetarian so I made a caprese salad-your favorite-for you right here."

We were all talking and joking around and stuffing our faces when Nova shot up from her plate and said she forgot something. She went back inside the base so we paused on eating until she came back.

"Has Nova figured out what my grandmother's visions mean yet? I know it truly is destiny as the first part has been completed. Have you figured it out yet?"

I shook my head because I really had no idea what it meant. But I know Nova. Her mind works in mysterious ways so I'm sure she'll figure it out. I just hope it's soon.

"Nope. We're still working on it. But I'm sure it'll come to her soon. She won't let this go. Not when we're this close to freedom."

"I don't know how she does it. Seems as if the state of the world is always on her shoulders but you would never know it. She does what needs to be done and never complains. Honestly Nova has gone through some shit for us and she never once made us feel like an inconvenience. I don't know how she does it. She got tortured for us. Starved for us. Died for us. She does so much for us-You know what. I just thought of an idea." Finch said as she cut herself off mid-sentence.

"Before you start that what do you mean Nova died?" Alex asked confusedly, looking at Finch with wide eyes.

"Long story short I got shot and Nova turned herself over to a crazy dude to save me. He wanted two of the people in our group but Nova refused to give them up so he beat her trying to get information and she didn't cave. The man literally beat her to death and she still didn't say a word. But Nova killed him so it's whatever."

Alex's eyes went even wider as she gaped at Finch, not believing her. "I'm sorry I just...wow. I know she's strong but I didn't know she was that strong. Is she okay? That had to be rough."

"She's fine. Shit like that doesn't phase that crazy bitch. But off that topic I have to get this out before she gets back. We should throw her a "thank you" party!"

We all looked at Finch with raised brows, waiting for her to elaborate.

"Okay so...we throw her a what?" I asked, needing clarification. What's a "thank you" party?

"We should throw her a "thank you" party for everything she's done and continues to do for us. We can make her favorite foods and snacks and get her presents. We could set up some activities she'd like to do too! I think it would be awesome! It's not like she doesn't deserve it anyways. She does so much for us maybe it's time we give back. Come on let's do it!"

We all looked around at each other but did agree. That actually does sound nice. Nova does do a lot for us and we never get to give back except for a very rare occasion. But maybe we should throw her a party. I think she'll like it. She does deserve it. I just need to think of a present I can get for her. I think it's a really good idea.

"Let's do it. But shh here she comes."

Nova came back to the table with her backpack and sat it down, opening the zipper and pulled out four bottles of wine, a bottle of tequila, six shot glasses, a bag of limes, a salt shaker, and at least ten joints.

"Oh we're getting fucked up okay! Pass me that tequila!" Finch squealed as Nova passed her the bottle and a shot glass, sliding the salt her way too as she cut up one of the limes.

"Let's get fucked up!" Nova cheered, sticking a joint in my mouth and lit it.

Alright. I can get fucked up. I just hope I don't do anything too questionable this time. I mean the tattoo wasn't that bad of an idea and I really like it now that it's done. I just hope I don't lose control or something.

"Drink Finn." Nova ordered as she slid a bottle of red wine my way. My favorite.

"You can take care of me when I'm trashed then." I said as I took a sip of the wine.

"That's fine. Now get fucked up. I like you more when you're intoxicated."

Wow. Rude.

I kissed her cheek and then hit my joint again, chasing the fat rip with more wine.

I can't wait to see what happens in the morning.