Chapter 19: Life Is Good

Finn

Nova called me on the radio and told me to go to our temporary room in the compound and stay there. She wouldn't tell me why but I was hoping it was sex.

We got to do it our date night and a few nights ago but that's not enough for me. And if you saw my girl you wouldn't blame me either. She's been gone all night and coming back really early in the morning every day. We haven't had alone time in almost a week too. I missed her.

I sat on the bed impatiently waiting for her. The door opened and she walked in with Booker right behind her before sitting down next to me and smiled.

"I've missed you." I said as I kissed her, smiling when she kissed back and pushed her excitement through the bond.

"I wanted to give you another birthday present. I know it's early but I don't think you'll mind." She said as she stood back up and went to the door.

"Another one? You spoil me! What is it?!" I asked excitedly as she leaned out the door and waved.

"You can come in now."

Nova stepped off to the side and I couldn't believe what I saw. I rubbed my eyes and even pinched myself. I was looking into the eyes of my mother.

There's no way...

"Oh my Finny!" She cried out as she ran to the bed and tackled me in a hug.

I was frozen to my spot. I had to be dreaming. This couldn't be happening. This has to be a dream.

"Well hug her back Finn." Nova said with a chuckle as I looked at her with wide eyes.

I slowly put my arms around my mom and hugged her back. I wasn't dreaming. This was real. I held her even tighter and started crying. I couldn't help it. My mom was alive-I had her back. I thought I would never see her again but she's here.

"How did you-How are you here?" I barely managed to get out between my sobs.

My mom pulled away and smiled, wiping my tears. "She found me Finny. She saved me. She was looking for me for weeks. But she saved me. She really does love you. She never gave up. Said something about keeping her promise to you."

So that's where she's been this whole time. She was going without sleep and out searching for my mother. Just like she promised she would. And she actually found her. I can't believe it. I could never thank her enough for this.

"I'm going to leave you two alone to catch up. Call me on the radio when you're ready for bed." Nova shut the door behind herself as my mom sat next to me and examined me.

"You've grown up so much. And your eyes...they're glowing. Like hers. Are you immune too?"

I nodded and glanced at the doorway where Nova had been. I can't believe she did it. She saved my mom. How can I thank her for this? I need to do something for her. I have to.

"Finny?"

I looked back at my mom and smiled seeing her as she watched me, waiting for my answer. I've missed her so much.

"Yes. Sorry. Nova saved me after I had turned too. She gave me doses of her blood and it brought me back. Her blood created the cure that's saving the world. That saved you. But yeah. I turned before I was healed and became immune. I wanted Nova to kill me so I wouldn't hurt anyone but she refused. She promised she would save me and she did."

My mom smiled and hugged me again, releasing a long sigh into my shoulder as I hugged her back. She went to say something but her stomach rumbled loud making both of us laugh.