Chapter 3: I Might Be Crazier Than I Thought

Nova

I woke up the next morning to a knock on my door. I knew it was Finch from the pattern she used. I moved Finn's arm that was resting on my stomach and practically crawled to the door still feeling exhausted. And it's only going to get worse with what I have to do while I'm here in North Carolina. I'm not sure how much time I have here but I have to do it.

I made a promise and I intend on keeping it.

I opened the door and Finch and Tommy smiled and waved as I glared at them. I wasn't ready to get up yet.

"It's breakfast time. It ends in an hour it's just past ten now. Wanna go?"

I looked back at Finn who was still passed out hard before turning back to them to nod. "Yeah. Let me get ready and wake Finn up. We'll be right there."

I shut the door as they left and sat next to Finn on the bed. I gave him a gentle shake and chuckled when he grunted and smacked my hand away.

"Breakfast time is almost over. If you want to eat you have to get up."

Finn groaned and slowly sat up to stretch and yawn. He gave me a sleepy smile and kissed me before getting up to get ready too. We both changed and put on our shoes before heading towards the cafeteria to eat.

As we walked down the corridors I memorized each entrance or exit and what rooms were where. I now have several solid escape plans just in case everything goes to shit.

Finch and Tommy were sat at a table right by the doors to get in or out with two extra trays of breakfast sat across them.

They know me so well.

I always want to sit by the door. If something happens I'm the first to get out and escape. I definitely want to when my people are with me too. Their safety is my top priority. And it always will be.

We sat down and started eating and just when we had finished Abbott appeared and asked if we wanted the second part of the tour. I still wanted to sleep but I know that won't happen. I'll have to take a nap later. But I don't want Finch or Finn going off without me. Especially not in unfamiliar territory.

"So this half of the base has the hospital wing. Finch that's where you will be working until you go to California." Abbott told Finch as he continued on with the tour.

I was memorizing everything I could. More entrances and exits, rooms, kitchens, gyms, shooting practice ranges, everything. I wanted to know where I could escape and fight best if I have to.

When we finally made it to the wing he took us into a large room with beds lining the walls and floor. There were a few people occupying them and being checked out by a nurse but this room was huge. Crazy to think that the beds may have been full at one point with injured men and women.

"So you will be working in here with all of the people being cured or made immune. We need as many hands as we can get as we only have ten nurses ourself at the moment. You'll meet the rest later but you can meet her for now."

Abbott lead us towards the nurse and got her attention. I don't know why but I got this weird feeling when she turned to face us. Like I knew her in some way. She had long brown hair and bright blue eyes, a full body and was a little on the shorter side. But she was beautiful.

I don't know why she bothered me but she did. I just felt more and more weird the closer she got. I don't recognize her at all but I feel the pit in my stomach was growing the longer I stared at her.

As she approached she smiled at everyone until her eyes landed on Finn and then she gasped. He looked up at that moment and gasped too. And then they were hugging. Why do I get the feeling that this walking super model was his ex girlfriend?