Chapter 56: Wave Length

Finn

"Don't tell him Walowski. Don't tell him." Nova said over and over as we wheeled her towards a room.

Don't tell me what? What is she keeping from me? She tells me everything. Is she sick? Dying? I need to know she'll be okay!

"Stay here. I'll let you know what's wrong once I find out but stay here." He ordered as they went into a room.

My heart broke as I was forced to stay behind. She needed me right now. Something is wrong with her. But why would she want to keep it from me?

"I need to be with her! Please let me in!" I screamed as I beat on the door. I put some pretty decent sizes dents in it too. Tommy pulled me back but I was freaking out.

I had to go to her!

"She needs me Tommy stop!" I snapped, trying to break the door down as Tommy attempted to pull me back.

"Stop it Finn! You're being crazy! Just calm down dude! Calm down!"

How can I be calm when the love of my life is sick?! I need to be with her! I need to be sure she's okay!

"It's okay Finn. Nova is too stubborn to die. Well officially die anyways. Just breathe. If she was really in danger you would know. You would feel it. Do you feel like she's in any danger?"

I stopped fighting Tommy and calmed myself down, focusing on the bond we shared. I could feel she was panicking but I didn't sense any actual danger.

I felt something else too but it was weird. Like a smaller wave length that wasn't there before. But I could feel it. And I could feel her. She was upset but that's it. I don't sense any actual danger. Tommy was right.

He pushed me onto a chair and sat down beside me, breathing pretty hard. Guess I did put up a good fight.

"I'm sorry. I just...She's my world Tommy. She's everything to me. She never gets sick like this. And she doesn't want me to know. What if she's like secretly dying or something? What could she be wanting to hide from me? She tells me everything. Everything Tommy. This isn't like her. That's why I'm freaking out. If she's hiding it from me it has to be bad."

Tommy put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a small smile. "Nova is one tough bitch Finn. If it is something serious she just might not be ready to tell you. Be patient with her. Maybe she needs time to accept it first or something. But Nova won't leave you dude. She waited around while you were dead for months. Spent weeks trying to find your mom. Did everything she could to protect you. Agreed to marry you. If she didn't leave you then, she won't leave you now. Just chill out dude. It'll be okay."

I hope so. But what could she be hiding from me?

Walowski came out and gave me a nervous look when I stood up and stared at him. I hope it's good news and I can see her. I need to see her.

"Your eyes are black. Maybe I shouldn't say anything until you've calmed down-No! Tell me! What's wrong with her?! Is she okay?!"

Walowski sighed and nodded, looking back at the door before turning to face me again. "I'm more afraid of her than I am of you. I've witnessed Nova's wrath and I don't want it put on me. So all I can tell you is that she's okay. You can see her in the morning. For now she wants to be alone and rest."

I sat back down and put my head in my hands as I felt tears well up in my eyes. Good and bad ones. Good because she's okay, but bad because I've slept in the same bed as her for well over a year now. Almost two. And this thing she's keeping from me is so big she doesn't want to see me? I have to see her. I need to see her okay and then I'll be okay.

"Please. At least just let me look at her. See that she's okay. I won't go in I just want to look."

Walowski made a cross over his chest before opening the door so I could peek. Nova was sitting up and crying into her hands. Full on sobs.

So it really is bad.

I need to be with her she needs me.

Walowski shut the door and my heart broke as I sunk to the floor in defeat.

Something is wrong. Really really wrong. And she won't even let me be there for her. Did I do something? Is she mad at me? What could she be hiding that's so bad?

"Come on man. It'll be okay. We'll come back in the morning to see her okay?"

I followed Tommy back to our rooms and sat on the bed with my head in my hands. Something was wrong with her and she didn't want me to know.

What could be so big that she'd keep it from me?