Chapter 41: Ladies First

Nova

"So to make it interesting we're allowing the use of weapons! Never in Carnage have we used weapons but tonight we want a show! So go ahead Darlin. Ladies first. Pick your poison for the first round."

I kept my cool as two Savages lifted a rack with weapons arranged on the bars. It had knives, swords, war hammers, sickles, a few different axes, maces, katanas, and two scythes. I didn't even know where to start. I've been mentally preparing myself to fight without a weapon and now that I have the option of choosing one I can't decide. I don't have much practice with any of those excepts for the knives. I don't know what to use.

"Time is ticking Darlin. Make your pick."

I looked at Finn and he pointed to the knives, nodding once. That's what I was thinking. An easy start. I'm good with knives. I wish I could've used my gloves as my weapon but a knife will do. Well, depending on who my first opponent will be. I grabbed a knife and stepped back as Saul grinned and got the crowd's attention.

"First up we have Haze! A master with any kind of blade so we know this will be a fun fight! Everyone place your bets!"

Haze crawled through the ropes and plucked a knife from the board, standing at the corner of the ring across from me and grinned as he looked me over. He was analyzing me just like I was analyzing him. He wasn't as big as Saul but he was still a big man. He was at least as tall as Finn at 6'4 with midnight black hair and matching eyes.

Well eye.

He had a large scar starting above his right eye that cut down to the left side of his jaw, making his right eye a milky grey while the other was a deep black. He was covered in chicken scratch tattoos and while anyone else would be intimidated by him I wasn't. He was just a Savage. A Mundane. He would be easy to kill.

"Alright everyone! Are you ready?!"

Everyone cheered as Saul got between us and gave me a sinister smile.

"Good luck Darlin. You're gonna need it."

That's what he thinks.

"Alright. Three-Two-One-FIGHT!"

Haze and I circled each other, knives ready and calculating eyes watching each other's every move. I tried to find any weaknesses I could and did see him favoring his left shoulder a bit but aside from that he was ready to kill.

So let's get this started.

He was taking too long to make the first move so I went for it. Haze moved quickly but not as quickly as me. I managed to slice at his body three times before he shoved me back to recover.

"Come on Haze! Gut the bitch!" Saul cheered as everyone else did.

Yeah. Not happening.

"You got it Chief!" Haze called out as he came for me.

I deflected each of his hits, only faltering when he managed to cut my shoulder. I dropped to the ground and rolled left, jumping up and swung the knife full force at his chest. My knife permeated his shoulder and before I could pull back he slammed his fist into my face and knocked me back.

He ripped my knife out and came at me with a deep snarl and knife in each hand. I blocked several of his blows and just barely missed a knife to the gut. I slammed my fist into his jaw, catching him off-guard.

He released one of the knives and I caught it just before it could fall and whipped around to slit his throat. Not deep enough for a quick death but just enough to make him suffer.

I grinned deeply as he grabbed at his throat, choking on his blood as he sunk to his knees in defeat. He glared at me as the light left his eyes and he fell onto his back, dead to the world.

One down, four to go.

Everyone went quiet and stared at me in shock as I kicked Haze's body from the ring and onto the floor.

"Who's next?"