Chapter 55: Thump-Thump

Yeah. Enjoy THAT cliffhanger. Posting the last of Part Two so you don't have to wait that long to know what happens but ENJOY!

Nova

We parked the jeep half a mile away from Valkyrie's compound and made the walk to the wall. I looked around the corner and saw two armed Savages guarding the doors. We're doing this. We're really doing this.

"You ready guys?" I asked my group as I turned to face them.

Ashton and Kobi had joined us so now my group had grown again and became more solidified. We were still highly outnumbered but we could put up a good fight if we had to. And I hope we don't.

Finn, Alex, Chaska, Ashton, Hana, Kobi, and Lav all had determined expressions on their faces that matched mine. We were ready. It's time. Well here goes nothing.

I held my handguns up and came from around the corner, all of us holding up our weapons as we approached them. When they finally noticed us they held up their weapons too but you could tell they were uneasy about being outnumbered.

"State your business." One of them ordered as we stood before them. Guess they don't recognize me.

"We're here to see Valkyrie. I'm calling a rematch. Let us in."

Their eyes went wide as they finally remembered who I was. And then the assholes had the fucking audacity to give me pompous grins. They better watch it before I smack those looks off their fucking faces.

"Can't take a loss huh?" One of them asked in a snobby tone, both of them laughing at me.

It only fueled my anger further. I swear on my life I'm not afraid to add two more kills under my belt today.

"Call Valkyrie. Now."

They looked at each other and called her over the radio. I could hear Valkyrie's silken voice reply almost immediately.

"Send her to the ring. And tell her I'm coming for her life this time. I gave her one chance she doesn't get another."

Ha. She will be dying today. Not me.

So bring it on bitch.

The doors opened and they let us in, relaying her message before shutting the doors behind us. I looked ahead and saw the crowd around the ring was already huge.

I did get slightly nervous seeing all of them, remembering that most of them were there when I lost last time. But then I reminded myself that I win this time. I'm getting my redemption. My freedom. And I'm ready for it.

"You got this Killer. Deep breath. Clear your mind. Focus on your task. And kick this bitch's ass." Finn said as he kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand tightly.

He was right. I need to focus and chill out. Have a clear mind. And most of all I needed to be confident. I could do this. I can and I will.

"You can do this Killer. You win and you know it. It's your destiny. So remember that." Finn spoke into my ear as we got closer to the ring.

Valkyrie had a smug smile on her face and examined me with her golden eyes.

And that's why I'm wearing a shirt that covers my bites. I don't want her to know I survived a fourth bite until it's too late. Not until I deliver the final blow that takes her life.

I wonder how I should kill her. Quick and easy? Drawn out and painful? Hmm...I guess I'll just go with the flow and see what happens. I don't care how she dies just as long as she does actually die. And today she will.