Quarantine: The Saga, Chapter Two: Hanging Out With The 'Roommate'

Elliot's POV

I logged off of the meeting and leave my office in a huff. I walk through the halls of the house I live in and walked to the kitchen. I paused to look in a mirror down the hall. I was blushing and me realizing I was made me blush even more. Oh come on Elliot, stop it! You said you were going to have better control of these things! I cover my face and then I could feel my eyes widen. I look into the mirror and sigh. They definitely saw me blushing earlier. You can't keep this lie up forever Elliot. But that's fine, I'd rather keep it behind closed doors anyway. I walked to the kitchen and went over to the tea kettle we keep on the stove. I made myself a cup of tea and got distracted as I stirred it. You see, when the Bureau ended, I decided to go live in a nice home in London with him. It would be better for both of us that way anyway. I didn't have to go back to my unbearable hometown of Cheltenham and he wouldn't have to go anywhere because I would have to force him to go with me. I was staring at my cup of tea as I continuously stir it. I felt arms wrap their way around my torso.

"Don't you think you've stirred that enough? You might spill it everywhere if you stir it too much, love."- I felt him whisper into my ear.

I was startled. "I... I thought I told you not to do that!"- I exclaim.

"I'm sorry that I startled you, Elliot! You just were staring at that teacup for so long. You were starting to worry me."- He says, cupping my cheek.

"I'm sorry... I was just thinking about... things. And you...- I suddenly felt annoyed by his presence - You didn't have to do any of what happened during my meeting!"- I reply.

"Hey, there is no need to give me that snarky little attitude of yours! I was trying to watch Weirder Stuff on Netflims and you kept interrupting it! I'm so sorry that your 'roommate' was too distracting."- He replies.

"Well... um, I should apologize for yelling at you too earlier. The work meeting I had, you... you... when um... they started asking about you. I really didn't want to talk about it with them and they don't know that I'm... that we're... us, you know? But I just really would prefer to keep it between us."- I stutter.

"Aww, you're so cute! But you should tell them eventually! Being scared of yourself isn't a good thing honey."- He replies.

I blush. He smiled and cups my cheek. The gesture was nice and comforting.

"I promise I'll come clean eventually, but I'm just not ready. You understand how it's like."- I say.

"Well, you have all the time in the world with this virus putting us in quarantine to think about it, my love!"- He replies.

"Yes... I know that, but... it's... just... a lot."- I mutter.

"You should go drink your tea, you don't want it to get cold!"- He replies, kissing my forehead.

"Alright. I will. But I'll probably get back to work afterward."- I reply.

"Is that all you think about? You should relax Darling."- He says.

"I... I do? I do not!"- I say, pouting.

He hugs me. "Yes, you do honey. It's a real problem."- He says.

"Well, what should I do about it?"- I whine.

"You're not gonna stare at the computer all day Elliot! Do you wanna watch Weirder Stuff with me?"- He replies.

"I... I guess..."- I mutter, grabbing my cup of tea and sipping from it.

"It's not that bad of a show. It's sci-fi and horror. I bet it would be something you'd like."- He replies.