Quarantine: The Saga, Chapter Three: Groceries, Asthma, And Karens!

AN: I've been watching a lot, like every one, of these Karen or Public Freak Out videos and got some inspiration from that! Also, I know that some of the subjects are touchy, so I apologize in advance! :)

Amir's POV

I glanced at Rupert's grocery list. It was a long list. But I'd do anything for him! I'd pay for anything he wants or needs. I looked over his list and his handwriting was so nice. It makes me wonder which pen or pencil he used to write this. Jasper walked into the room from our kitchen. He looked bored and tired. I left the list on the end table next to our couch. I had the TV off, he was in a work meeting after all. He might have been finished or taking a break. He took off his glasses and looked at me, his eyebrows furrowing. He looked like he was in pain. He did not have any of those fancy UV glasses that everyone is buying now that everyone has to be at meetings on an online platform. He couldn't see out of those at all. I have a pair. He tried those on and he did not see a thing. It was late at night, yeah, and we were in bed, shirtless, but they just did not work for Jas. Jasper stares at that laptop for hours at a time, not even taking a break to eat. He can eat, sleep, and work at that computer. He really can use a break from that laptop screen, poor baby. But his boss just, oh his boss just grinds my gears! I think they must have a bias against Jasper! They definitely do! He works hard with them, but he is the one that they make the scapegoat. I felt him sit down. I was snapped out of my thoughts. He groaned and put his head in his hands. I put a hand on his back, rubbing circles on it. I scoot closer to him, our thighs touch, and then I get up to his ear, wanting to whisper.

"Rough day today?"- I ask.

"Yes."- He muttered through his hands.

"Were your colleagues and boss being total nuances or mean idiots again?"- I ask.

He nodded. "Y-Yeah."- He muttered.

"Oh, honey, do you want to talk about it?"- I ask.

"No."- Jasper mumbled.

"Is something wrong? You... you are only giving me one-word answers Hun."- I say, gently kissing his ear.

I heard him giggle, but it was short and he sighs after. I gave him a look of concern.

"I... I'm fine."- He says, smiling at me.

"Don't be like that. I know that you aren't, Jasper. Come here."- I reply.

Jasper hugged me, wrapping his arms around me. I kissed his ring and his hand. I grabbed both of his hands and pulled them around me, wrapping them around my neck. I looked up at him. His green eyes were dull and they sparkled, but it was not the sparkle I liked. He looked at me, noticed me staring and his hands jerked under mine. I knew what that meant. He stays quiet, silent even. I felt drops of something on the back of my shirt. Now I was alarmed.

"Jasper, what's wrong? Please, tell me. You are crying."- I say.

"It's nothing. Really! And I... I'm not crying."- He says.

I got up and I let go of his hands. He smiled at me, but it was fake. I whipped around and looked at Jas. He kept his hands at his side this time, which was a good sign. He wasn't clenching up or hiding himself. I walked over to him and I tilt his head up to look at me. Jasper's bright and beautiful green eyes were filled with tears. Tears trickled down his cheeks and into his beard. I felt it. I could see the pain in his eyes, a flash of red.

"It's not what happened during your day and your meeting huh?"- I ask.

"No, I can deal with that."- Jasper replies.

"Really? Then what is it? What is bothering you Hun?"- I ask.

"My... my head... it's killing me."- He mutters.