Living In LA (Jack x Lars)

A Oneshot request for _Insomniac_Teenager_

Lars' POV

It's been a few years since the Bureau was disbanded. Five I think if I counted right. After the Bureau was disbanded, Jack convinced me to move back to Los Angeles with him. It wasn't that bad. I didn't have anywhere else to go after... what happened. I probably should update you all on my, well, our lives. I got a divorce from the one who will not be named about three years after we left. Then afterward, me, Jack, and the girls moved into his apartment. I still... haven't told the girls about their mother. At least, the real reason why she left. They think she's on holiday somewhere, stuck there, or has just been on vacation for the last five years. April, May, and June are eleven now. They're such cuties! Still, they don't have any resemblance to their mother. I guess that's good in a way, I don't have to be reminded of betrayal and heartbreak. I really am thankful for Jack. He was my light in the darkness. A prince charming if you will call it that. Currently, we were eating dinner at the dining room table. I was deep in thought about if I should tell the girls now or not. I don't feel like they would be happy with me lying to them for so long. But wouldn't they be so upset with their mother never coming back? And with it like this... they still have some hope, right? I look down at my plate of steak and mashed potatoes. My steak was half-eaten and I moved my fork around in the mashed potatoes. I grabbed a forkful and put it in my mouth. I felt it slide down my throat. I heard a chair slide backward and looked up from the sudden noise. The girls were joyously tearing apart their steaks like vultures. I then noticed that Jack had got up from his seat. I was confused. Then I felt arms drape around me and I gasped. I looked down and noticed the familiar blue sleeved shirt holding me. I looked up and saw Jack looking down at me. 

"Your oddly quiet tonight... is there something wrong?"- Jack asks. 

"No Jack... nothing's wrong. I'm just thinking."- I reply. 

"Thinking? About what dude?"- He replies. 

"You know... um... adult stuff!"- I say, glancing at the girls. 

He smirks. "Jeez, babe! Not in front of the girls!"- He whispers into my ear. 

"It's nothing like that... You know what I'm talking about."- I whisper a rosy redness came to my cheeks. 

"Angela? What about her? I thought you had gotten over that-"- I interrupt him before he could draw the girls' attention. 

"Jack! Not so loud! They could hear you!"- I whisper-yell to him. 

Jack nods. "Of course... sorry."- He replies. 

"I was just thinking about how or when I should tell the girls... the truth... about their mother."- I reply. 

"Oh... well, you can just tell them when you are ready or when you think they're ready!"- Jack replies. 

"Yeah... I know... I just, don't know how they would react..."- I reply. 

Jack hugs me again and then walked back over to his seat. He had returned to eating his food. I looked over at him and smiles at me. 

"And you should eat, don't want your food getting cold."- He says. 

I nodded and then began to eat my food again. It was pretty nice. He had made them on his grill. After we all had finished dinner, Jack and I washed the dishes. We had eaten pretty late and I sent the girls to bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I held his hands there. I turned around and kiss his cheek. He smiles and he had blushed. I then blushed as he did the same to me. He let go of me and then he walked away. He probably went upstairs to our bedroom. I then went upstairs to the girls' bedroom. I checked on them and they were all asleep. I walked over to them each and kissed each of them on the head. Their all so cute! They were sleeping peacefully and I smiled at each of them. I then walked back out of their room and to the bedroom. Jack was in front of the mirror, his eyebrows furrowed with worry for some weird reason. I walk over to him and then I put my arm around his neck.