I Do (Alex And Cathy)

A Oneshot for Winniefanfiction2345

Alex's POV

I was really nervous for what I was planning to do. I was sitting across from Cathy King, my stunning girlfriend. I was planning to ask her if she wanted to change her name from King to Turner. I wanted to marry this beautiful girl! Make her my wife! The thing is, I had no idea how to ask. I was always awkward when it came to these things. I really don't know what to say! We were sitting at dinner in some of our fanciest attire. We'd already eaten, but we ordered dessert. I had the ring box in the pocket of my suit jacket pocket. The sweet waitress brought us the cake that we ordered. It was fancy too. Like, it was a fancy chocolate cake with a quite tasty vanilla whipped cream. I dug into my cake and she started eating hers. Cathy had her pink hair at shoulder length. She'd started growing it out long and I was... really digging it! She smiled at me and I smiled back. I was unusually quiet. I was just trying to think of what to say. Cathy noticed and raises an eyebrow at me. 

"Hey... are you okay?? You're being quiet. What's wrong, does the cat have your tongue?"- Cathy asks.

"Yes! Yes yes, I'm fine! It's nothing really! I'm just... contemplating something!"- I reply. 

"Oh really? I don't want to pry, so I won't ask. But this dessert you ordered is really good!"- She replies. 

"I'm glad that you like the cake. This place is one of the best restaurants in Grimsborough!"- I reply. 

"Who's paying? I mean, you did ask me to on this little date, but I'll pay if I need to!"- Cathy replies. 

"No no, I am! I wouldn't let you pay if I asked you on the date!!!!"- I reply. 

"Alrighty then. You can pay. But what would we do afterward?"- She asked. 

Hmm, How will I ask her the question?! I started to sweat and I felt my palms sweat. I felt shaky but then I had an idea. I waited until she looked behind her to see if the waitress was coming with our bill. I knocked her silverware onto the ground. She had no idea that it was me who knocked them over. Cathy got down and picked them up while looking at me. I had to get her not to look at me. I glanced her up and down and then saw her shoes and panicked. 

"Cathy!! Your shoes are untied! Tie your shoes!"- I exclaim. 

She looks down at her shoes. I got down on one knee and then got out the ring box. I opened up the box to reveal a huge diamond ring. I'd saved up money for almost a year to buy this bad boy! 

"Alex, my shoes don't even have laces! What are you talking- oh my god!!"- Cathy exclaims, noticing the ring before she could finish her own sentence. 

I smiled at her. "Cathy King, will you marry me?? Will you be with me for the rest of my life? Please???"-  I ask. 

"Oh, yes! Of course, I will! A million times yes! I want to marry you!!!"- She replies, nodding, and smiling. 

I took her hand and put the ring on her finger. She was tearing up and I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears away. I kissed her on the lips.  She kisses back and then we kissed for a while. She pulls away and smiles at me. The waitress came back and had our check. I paid the bill and then we left the restaurant had in hand. I took her back to the car and we drove back to our house. We came back inside and she smiled at me as we headed to the bedroom to get to bed. I changed clothes into some pajamas and she went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. Then we did vice versa. Cathy got into bed and I got into bed too. I hugged her and she took the ring off her finger and sat it on her nightstand. I guess she didn't want to lose it. Cathy snuggled up to me and I kissed her forehead.