Pink Haired Bliss

A request for YesAndNo2006

Alex's POV

I was sitting at my desk. I wasn't really working, I was just goofing off. I was playing a game and I had my headphones still on around my neck. The game's sound effects played on my computer. I didn't hear anyone come in. One hand rests on the mouse of my computer and the other just sat in my lap. I thought I had heard footsteps, but I just ignored it and went back to my game of Tetris.

"Um... excuse me?"- Someone asked.

It was a voice I was unfamiliar with. I looked up from my computer and was then face to face with one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen. She had freckles, some of the prettiest blue eyes, and even pink hair! She wore a cute outfit, my favorite part was the necklace, a black necklace with a pixel heart hung in the middle.

"Are you just going to stare at me all day?"- The girl asked.

I blushed. "Oh.... I'm sorry! W-What did you need, Miss?"- I ask.

"I just need to ask you something. Are you the Grimsborough PD's tech expert?"- She asked.

"Yes, I am. If... if you don't m-mind, can you tell me your name?"- I say.

"Cathy, my name is Cathy."- The girl, Cathy, replies.

"Ah, that's... such a pretty name..."- I muttered under my breath.

"Really? I don't even know your name but I think you are so cute!"- Cathy says.

I went to a complete crimson red. "T-Thank you..."- I muttered.

"Since I told you my name, will you tell me yours?"- Cathy asked.

"Yeah, I... I would... I uh, w-was getting to that... My name is... is A-Alex."- I stutter.

"Alex, huh? Cute. Now, I'm going to give you this, and I will see you at eight hopefully."- Cathy says, handing me a slip of paper with an address written on it.

"S-See you at eight? You gave me your address? For what?"- I ask.

"A date of course!"- She replies.

I felt my cheeks go hot and an even darker shade of red.

"Wait what? You... want to go on a date with... me?"- I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Of course I do. Or do you not want to?"- Cathy replies.

"Wait no! That's not what I meant! I was just confused. No girl has ever asked me out like this, well, no girl has asked me out ever, and I didn't expect it to be so bold or that the girl who would eventually ask me out to be so confident."- I exclaim.

"Oh, I see. But you will be there at eight right?"- She says, flashing me a beautiful smile.

"Yes, ma'am Cathy... I... I'll d-definitely be there at e-e-eight. I'll... give you the best date ever I promise!"- I stammered, completely enamored with the pretty lady.

Cathy laughs. Even her laugh was wonderful.

"Jeez you are so cute!"- She says, still smiling.

"I'm really not."- I reply.

"Yes you are."- Cathy replies.

"Do you have any dinner preferences for the date? Steak or anything like that?"- I ask her.

"If you have steak available I'd be just fine with that. Will this be at your house, apartment, or wherever you live?"- She replies.

"My apartment, yes, and I should have everything ready at eight! I'll be right outside of wherever this address goes to."- I reply, smiling at her.