A Four-Way Fork In The Road

AN: I feel like Charles would fuck to this song.

A oneshot for 

Charles' POV

I pull into the driveway of the apartment that I share with my best friend Lily and my roommates. I could never figure out what I wanted to do after high school, if I wanted to do college or go to work, so I decided to do both. I work from three to eight at a local gas station as a clerk and I'm doing classes from ten to one. I'm trying to work towards a degree in communications. I parked and walked through the front door. I'm curious if someone's started dinner. I didn't get a text back from anyone when I asked if I needed to pick something up. I did get something for myself though. The gas station that I work at has a popcorn machine, sure it's nothing like the ones they have at a movie theatre, but it's still quite nice. I enter the living room and see why I never got a response. There was a movie playing. I smile and plop down in the empty space on the couch. Lily grins.

"Hey Charles! Glad to see you back from work."

My roommate, Alia, smiles at me as she steals one of the pieces of popcorn from my box. "Did you have a good day?"

"We weren't too busy and no one tried to rob us so I'd count that as a good day!" I reply.

"That's... good." She hums.

"Did I miss dinner? Or has it not been made? No one responded to my text." I ask.

"We were going to start dinner but Alia got us watching this sappy suspense mess." Issac, my second roommate, replies.

"You didn't have to watch this with me." Alia retorts.

"You were excited to watch this, of course we'd watch it with you." Lily beams.

"I could start on something now." Joan, my third and final roommate said. "What would you like?"

"I can help if you need me to, Joan, but we can make anything as long as we have the ingredients," I say.

"No. You've been at work and in class all day, let me cook." Joan replies, getting up and walking over to the kitchen.

"If you insist, I'll sit here," I reply with a shrug.

"We probably don't have much, we haven't been to the grocery store in a hot minute," Issac calls to her from his spot next to me.

"There's barely anything in here, but I could make something with rice, looks like we've got a lot in here," Joan calls back.

"It'll be good no matter what, don't stress about it," Alia said.

Joan hums and then starts shuffling around the kitchen. I settle into my spot on the couch, getting comfortable. Alia gives me a look, her eyes lustful. I glance over at Lily. She doesn't know my biggest secret. She seems very engrossed in the film. I know Alia wanted to put this film on, it is her favorite, but she never seems to be able to resist me. Alia's cautious though, she doesn't want the secret to be revealed. I give her a little nod and she rests her head against my shoulder. She inches her head closer and pecks my neck. It sent a shiver down my spine. Alia had a smirk on her face and I smiled back coyly. I looked over to see Issac staring at the two of us. He was glaring at us, not because he was upset, but because he was jealous of Alia. He's going to wait, Lily's here. She mustn't know, I don't want anyone to know about me being polyamorous. Although she does know that I'm bisexual, I came out to her to comfort her when she came out to me as a lesbian. It's not that my relationships are bad, I know that being in a relationship with a boy or a girl or anyone, but I know that polyamorous relationships are still a taboo of sorts.

So yes, my three roommates are not actually my roommates but my lovers. I couldn't help myself but fall in love with these three. My sweet and precious Alia Robinson was my first out of the polycule that I met. Issac Goldberg was the second, there was no way that I could resist that devilish charm when I was at the bar, it's when Alia and I were searching for a third. Joan Vattersby was the last one that we added to our polycule. She'd been coming into my gas station job ever since I started at the same time every day and I couldn't ignore that cute smile or juicy fat ass any longer but to my surprise, she asked me out first.