Glasses And Flower Crowns

A Jasper Everett and Amir Devani Story (Thanks to my friend who suggested the cat's name!)

Jasper's POV

I petted my cat, Tobia, and kissed her on the head. She meowed and purred in response. Even though me and Amir share an apartment, she is mine one hundred percent, and when he accepted me as a roommate, he accepted my cat as well! My little princess. I jumped up off the couch and petted her one more time. 

"I'm going to go have lunch with Daddy, so you keep watch!"- I say. 

She meows, stretched, and then sprawled out on the couch. Cute. I grabbed my wallet and phone. I looked in the mirror near the door, fixed my hair, and adjusted my jacket. Now, where are my keys? I drive a tiny blue car, but I always misplace my keys. I try to keep them in my back pocket though, they fall out. I heard the jingle of keys from somewhere in the apartment. I had them when I got down here. I was about to look in the kitchen when I noticed the cat was playing with something. She was playing with my keys! I take them out of her paws and she meows mischievously. I can't stay mad at her though. I mean, who could? I walked to the door, leave, and get into my car. Driving to the Grimsborough Police Department only took a few short minutes. 

I come here a lot, so I parked the car in my normal parking spot. I get out and walk inside, and I don't see him, he's probably working. But his lunch break is soon. I don't want to bother him, so I'll just text him instead. I take out my phone and send him a text telling him that I was there. 'Hey Amir, I'm already here, so we can go get lunch when you are on break!'.  I walk into the break room and sit down. I'd plopped down on the couch and started scrolling through the latest SARA articles. After about a minute or two I received a notification on my phone. A text from Amir. 'That's great. I'll be done in a few minutes. I'll see you soon!' it read. I blushed at the orange heart emoji that he sent with it at the end. We're pretty much colored-coded to the tea. He's orange and I am light baby blue! I heard footsteps coming. That could be him. I stuff my phone into the pocket of my silver jacket. I looked up, expected to see Amir at the door, but it wasn't him. Jones and Gloria walk in, with Jones holding a cookie in his hands and munching on it. They both smile at me. 

"You're here for a lunch meeting, I'm guessing?"- Jones asks. 

I nod. "Yeah."- I mumble. 

"Isn't this like, the third time this week?"- Gloria asks. 

"Yes, it sure is."- I replied, a blush rising to my cheeks. 

"This is like your second home, huh Jasper?"- Jones remarks. 

"Yep, my home away from home."- I reply. 

Jones finished his cookie and pulls out a small bag. There's no telling what's in it. He can put anything in those tiny jacket pockets. Jones rummaged around the bag and produced a second cookie. He raised an eyebrow at me as he caught me staring. 

"Do you want one? You keep staring at me... intensely."- He says. 

"Huh? Oh no, I don't. I just... find it intriguing that you can fit so many things into your pockets."- I stammer.

"I've got peanut butter and chocolate chip ones! And about the pockets, I won't tell you, it's a secret."- Jones replies. 

"I don't want one. I'm about to go to lunch with Amir."- I reply. 

I did really want one though. I suddenly felt someone hug me from behind. I was a bit startled, I must admit. Their arms are wrapped around my torso. One glance at the familiar orange flannel underneath the white lab coat and I immediately knew who it was. 

"Amir, I thought I told you to stop startling me like this."- I mutter. 

I feel him let go of me and soon we are face to face. Amir had a smirk on his face.