Eternal Christening

A oneshot for CrinimalFrancine2020

Jones' POV

Today is a very important day. You see, today, my daughter Adelaine is going to have her christening. It's something Alessia insists we do and I happily agreed to get her baptized. I just can't believe that she's 6 months old already... Alessia and I put a lot of planning into this christening. The process was long and stressful, prepping for everything, and we are glad it's over. We just have to get Adelaine ready. Alessia's family already brought over the dress she's going to wear, it's what Alessia's grandmother wore when she had her christening. Alessia takes my hand and we walk to her bedroom. I turn the knob and we step inside. Our sweet girl was already awake, cooing for her Mommy and Daddy. We go over to her and I scoop her up into my arms. We put Adelaine in her dress and she was smiling at me. I return the smile, kissing her forehead. She already has long blonde hair and she is beautiful just like her mother. I wore a navy blue tie and a black suit. Alessia wore a pink dress with a matching pearl brooch given to her by her mother on her wedding day. Also, she wears pearl drop earrings and a gold necklace. Just as pretty as ever!

I hope that Gabriel and Sofia are getting ready too. They are also going to be there, being her godparents and all. We finish getting her ready and Alessia goes to find her pink pumps. I grab the car keys and my gun, hiding the gun under my suit jacket, just in case of an emergency. I walk downstairs to find Alessia standing there, holding our daughter, who was all giggles this morning. I guess she likes her mother's touch. I mean, I agree with that sentiment. We head to the car, make sure that Adelaine is properly buckled in her seat, and then depart for the church.

The church that we're having the christening at is the same church where Alessia and I got married in. Alessia's uncle, Andrew Dupont, is the priest who will lead the christening. He comes over when we walk in, flashing us a smile. He then notices Adelaine in her lovely dress, his eyes sparkling.

"Oh, she looks beautiful! The dress is perfect for her!" Andrew gushes.

"I know, she looks like a Princess!" I agree.

"This has always been the perfect christening dress." Alessia remarks.

"My, Adelaine looks gorgeous!" A bright voice from behind us exclaims.

We turn our heads and notice Sofia and Gabriel. Sofia hurries over to us and hugs Adelaine, her husband quick to join in. I don't think that Adelaine likes all of this excitement though because she started to cry right after Gabriel pulled away. I immediately embrace her, whispering sweet words to her. Alessia gently strokes her cheek with her pinky finger, saying that it was going to be okay and that everything was fine. Good thing I brought her favorite stuffed cat. I give her the stuffed toy and she seems to calm down. Alessia smiles, relieved that she had calmed down. We grabbed each other's hands and took our seats. Andrew steps to the front of the room and begins speaking in Swiss German. I... still don't understand the language yet. I zone out, playing with Adelaine instead. She was still playing with the stuffed cat, but she was happy to play with me too. I just can't contain myself and laugh at how cute she is. A finger pokes me in the ribs and I turn. Alessia is glaring at me. She hisses at me 'Shhhh!' and then turns back to her Uncle. I look at my feet, embarrassed, saying a soft 'Sorry!' to her. Adelaine also takes the time to scold me, gently tossing the stuffed cat in my face. Sofia, Ramirez, and some of the other adults in attendance laughed at this, which I pout at.

Once the christening was over, we took pictures. We take pictures inside the church first, wanting to get some pictures with Andrew and some with Sofia and Gabriel included. Adelaine was being held by Gabriel during the pictures. However, the flash from the camera was aggravating Adelaine. I could tell by the look on her face and the soft whining from her. I glare at the photographer.

"Hey buddy, turn off the flash on your camera! It's upsetting my daughter!" I call out.

The photographer looks a little stunned by my bluntness. He apologizes and the rest of the pictures are taken without flash. Excuse me for wanting to make sure my daughter is comfortable! I can't help getting overprotective over the sweet thing. Gabriel gently rocks Adelaine back and forth, which seems to put her at ease. Adelaine was so comforted that she fell asleep in her godfather's arms.

Later on, we continue to celebrate at home. Alessia and I had made plenty of food, so everyone came over. It was nice to have everyone over. My parents were here, and so were Alessia's. Alex and Cathy brought their two kids, who Adelaine could play with. Lexi is 8 months old and Sammy is 1 year old. Adelaine was still asleep at this point and still lying in Gabriel's arms. Alessia and I said that we could take her but he vehemently denied our request. That is, until duty calls. A foul stench is smelled in the room. Gabriel's nose scrunched up and before I could offer to take Adelaine, Alessia grabs her and takes her upstairs to get her diaper changed. A few moments later, Alessia comes back with Adelaine in her arms. Adelaine had woken up by now and was smiling at us all. I think everyone, including myself, said a very loud 'Awwww!'. Alessia allows Adelaine to play with Sammy and Lexi, coming back to sit next to me. I kiss her cheek and she hugs me, resting her head on my chest.

After the party, the two of us cleaned up. Alessia holds Adelaine as I make coffee for us both. We have our own personalized coffee mugs that are our favorite colors. Mine is a nice teal blue and Alessia's is pink. They were great wedding gifts from Ramirez. Once the coffee was done, we headed to the couch with our coffee and sat down, turning on some kid cartoons for Adelaine. We all watch them, being together as a family. This is what I live for!