Burning Flame For You

A oneshot for Winnie_Fiction_05

Jones' POV

Alessia and I got married a few days ago. Now we're heading to our honeymoon. We talked and talked about this for a month, trying to decide where we would go and what we would do, but we finally decided on going to the neighboring town of Pacific Bay. We got here a few hours ago. Alessia is in love with the place, and I agree with her. This sunshine and view is beautiful! This is a pretty place with lots of pleasant beaches. Alessia and I are walking down the beach, talking and enjoying the surrounding area's beauty. A nice evening breeze starts to blow and it feels great against the fading humidity. Alessia and I were watching the sunset. Alessia's hair has grown, about to her shoulders, mid-length, showing off her natural blonde curls. It's blowing in the wind, although it's uncontrolled. Her hair blows in her face and she swats it away. She huffs and pulls a hair clip from her purse, pinning her hair back and in place.

"Ugh, David, I swear I'm going to cut this hair the second we get back to Grimsborough!" Alessia groans.

"Why??" I ask, aghast at her frustration.

"I've had short hair for so long... I'm not used to all of the... complications of it being this long!" She vents.

"But it looks great... not to mention that it is so pretty and soft, I like to play with it... but like you said, you aren't used to it..." I reason.

"You do have a point, and if you like it so much, I suppose I could keep it longer for a little while." Alessia relents.

"Aww- I twirl a long strand of her long blonde hair -it's so pretty!"

She giggles. "You know, there are other parts about me that are much prettier!"

I could feel myself blushing at what she meant. I smirked at her. She kisses my cheek and I kiss her on the lips, nibbling at her lip as I pull away.

"Wait till we're back at the hotel to do anything like that," Alessia says.

"Just because I have to doesn't mean I want to." I hum.

Alessia gasps. "David, look!"

"What, pumpkin? What is it?" I reply, looking around to see what she was looking at.

"Look, a carnival! We could go have fun there, can't we?" She says, pointing down the horizon.

I follow the direction of her finger pointed. There was a small beach carnival, it looked like a pop-up. Hmm, that does look fun. I dig into my pocket and grab my wallet. I pop it open and check how much money is in it, those things normally only take cash. I had plenty of cash. Wonderful. I nod at her and she smiles.

"I don't see why not! We're here to have fun and be together! Let's go, Alessia!" I declare.

"Yeah! Let's go!" She agrees.

I grab her hand. Alessia squeezes it and pulls me forward. We quicken our pace and hurry over to the carnival. I walk to the carnival's ticket booth and see the hours of operation. We can still have fun for a few hours! The ticket booth worker looks at us, a bored high schooler probably, wearing a blank but unenthusiastic expression. I ask for two tickets to the carnival. I'm given them and paid. I asked if I had to pay for anything else and they informed me that it would only cost me extra if I wanted food or drinks. Declining the offer, I glance at Alessia, who also didn't want anything. The two of us walk inside and then look around at the disorienting beauty of the colorful and bright neon carnival lights.

"What do you want to do first, my love?" I query.

"I don't know, I'd be fine with anything." She answers.