Eyes Wide Open For Safety

A oneshot for Anne_Frances3201

Jones' POV

To sit down with a chocolate chip cookie, ah, that's the best way to end a day. I reach to grab another one. I grab two, stuffing one of them in my mouth. I hear someone clear their throat. I turn to see Alessia glaring at me sternly. She grabs the plate of cookies away from me, setting them back in the middle of the table. She scolds me, saying that I needed to share. I protested, saying that no one else was eating them. We had the Turners over and the Herreras. It was just us adults hanging out. Alessia warns that one too many cookies would give me a stomachache and other things, poking my stomach as she teases me. I blush. I'm not going to get chubby from chocolate chip cookies and even if I did, it wouldn't be that hard to work off. Eh, you get to an age where you don't care, besides, Alessia would still love me. There's a ding from my phone. I pick up my phone, thinking it's Adelaine, but it isn't. It was a message from an unknown number. The message read 'You better watch out, we're going to find you and end you.' Okay, that's effectively a death threat. I roll my eyes. 'Dumb fucking bullshit.' I hiss under my breath. Gabriel's phone also goes off and he checks it. His eyebrows furrow. Everyone else's phones beep and they look around in confusion.

"Did everyone get the same message?" I ask the room.

"The one about watching ourselves before we get quote on quote ended?" Alex replies.

"Yeah, that one." I reply.

"Why don't we block the number? It's something we shouldn't worry about." Gabriel suggests.

"Are you sure, Sweetheart? What if this is serious?" Sofia hums.

"Yeah. Is blocking the number the best thing to do for the situation?" Alessia wonders.

I reach a hand to caress my wife's cheek. "Honey, there's nothing to worry about. Everything will be fine."

"I hope that you're right, Babe." She replies.

I kiss her other cheek, then get that number blocked. Alessia and Sofia do that and we try to forget everything. Alessia sighs and grabs a big chocolate chip cookie with lots of chocolate chip chunks, biting into it. A few weeks go by and things seem to be going fine and things feel normal, but we keep on receiving death threats. We've dealt with this before so we tried to ignore them, but they just keep coming. Something tells me that this is not going to end well.

Alessia's POV

"And this is where you find the slope, the 'm' in the-" I start but my phone starts to ring.

I apologize to my students and walk over to my desk. I pick up my phone and notice the caller. It's the same number that has been calling us over the past few weeks, harassing us. I hang up the number and turn my ringer off. I start to walk back to the board where I was explaining the new math concept for pupils when my phone starts to vibrate. I flip it over. It's still that number! I can't believe that they are doing this while I'm at work! I apologize to my students and take my phone out into the hall. I answer it, getting mad.

"I'm warning you, you better leave us alone!" I hiss into the phone.

There's a laugh over the phone. "You will see, you will see what we're going to do."

"No you won't! I know the Grimsborough-" I start but the person hangs up.

Dammit... they never stay on the phone for long. What am I going to do about this? A shiver goes up my spine. I sigh and relent to just turn my phone off. I take a deep breath and then walk back into my classroom and then go back to teaching my students. I'll... definitely tell David about this later. Later that night, we got together with Gabriel, Sofia, Alex, and Cathy. David sighs, sinking down into a dining room chair.