Golden Eyes, Golden Heart

A oneshot for Kjc_fanatic

Amy's POV

I was sitting in the break room when Marina had walked in, looking excited. She was talking to Baxter Fraser, trying to undo the awful brainwashing that SOMBRA had put on him. I heard that she ordered a brain scan for him. It's been a while and I was just waiting for them to be finished. Marina was soon followed by Baxter. Aww, he looks so cute. The two of them had been talking all day. He walked in and stood behind her. Marina and I are quite close actually. Even though I was just a detective and she was the profiler of the Bureau, we're best friends. Marina gave me a bright smile.

"Amy, I have something to tell you!"- Marina says.

"What is it, Marina?- I glanced over at Baxter -Oh, and hi Baxter!"- I reply.

"Hello Detective Park!"- Baxter says softly.

"I have finally undone SOMBRA's brainwashing from Baxter's brain and mind."- Marina says.

"It's amazing! I feel relief to finally only have one voice in my head."- Baxter says, giving me a triumphant smile.

I got up from my chair and gave the adorable man a hug.

"Oh Baxter, that's absolutely wonderful!"- I say.

"We actually wanted to talk to you about something Amy."- Marina replies.

"What might that be?"- I ask.

"Baxter might be finally without brainwashing or in SOMBRA's control, but it might take a while for him to get used to being in society again."- Marina says.

"Yeah- Baxter laughed nervously -I... I do need some help getting back to a normal life after what SOMBRA has done to me, even though I'm sure the memories of what they've done to me and made me do for them will stay with me forever."- He replies.

"So what can I do to help?"- I ask.

"Um..."- Baxter muttered.

Baxter looked over to Marina.

"You ask her. You can do it."- Marina whispered to him.

"I will, but I'm nervous."- He mumbled.

"Nervous? About what? You can tell me whatever you need to."- I say, giving him a sweet smile.

"Can I uh, move in with you? Can I be your... roommate?"- Baxter asks, giving a small smile back.

Oh my goodness. I can't just deny that cute face. I'm so happy that he asked. I've got to accept him. It might cause some great things to happen and I would do anything to help him. I don't think anyone else would be wanting to help. I smiled at him.

"Aw, of course! We can be roomies! Nola and I will be so ecstatic to have you in our home!"- I reply.

"N-Nola? Who's that? It won't be just you and I?- He shook his head from this thought -Anyway, I um, am so glad that you have accepted my proposal! It will be easy to move me in, I don't have many belongings."- He replied.

"Don't you worry, we can help you get back to normal! Also, Nola's my dog, my golden retriever! You can use anything of mine and I can buy everything you need or anything you want."- I reply.

Baxter looks happy, giving me a big grin.

"You have a puppy?! That makes this little arrangement even better!"- Baxter replies, chuckling.

"I can get your stuff from my office and you can head over to Amy's place now if you would like to Baxter. I'm glad that everything is settled!"- Marina says.