In Sickness And In Health

A oneshot for AwesomePinerin

Adelaine's POV

I'll be excited when the day is over. I'm utterly exhausted. I know that this won't happen anytime soon though. My hopes of rest, or at least stopping this tiresome work, won't be for a long time. Hugh and I are working on another movie, but this film has been in director hell with how many times we've had to stop working or stop production for some reason or other. The deadline to end filming is in a week and even then I don't think our work will be done once production gets their hands on the film. Nate's really been stressing about getting the movie done on time and we've been working nonstop. I've been on my feet since 6:30 this morning. I've been working for almost twelve hours straight with no break to sit down or eat. It's only worse that I'm the leading lady so I'm in every scene and doing almost everything. At least Hugh's gotten a break or two, I'd hate to see my husband work until he's ragged. I'm going to need his help later once we get home to take care of the kids.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is shower. I feel disgusting after doing all of this running around. Plus, I think the air conditioning or something is broken on set because it's very hot here and I'm sweating like mad. This is the worst time for this to happen with it being summer. My hair and clothes are damp with sweat. I'm so tired and this has been such a stressful week! I finish the scene and the director calls cut. I sink into the nearest chair, exhaling sharply. I brushed the strands of blonde hair that had fallen in my face. I rest my head in my hands, fighting sleep, as I enjoy a few seconds of peace from the hectic shoot.

"Adelaine, are you okay?" A voice asks as a hand rests on my shoulder.

I looked up, expecting to see Hugh checking on me, but it was Nate instead.

"Yes, I'm okay, I just needed a moment to sit down," I say.

"I know things have been insanely busy these past few days and I'm really sorry 'bout that, but these directors and producers have been breathing down my neck to make sure everything goes perfect and is done in a timely manner." He sighs.

"That's quite alright Nate, I'm a hard worker! Hugh and I know how cutthroat the Hollywood industry is, we're used to it." I reply.

"Yes, I understand but... you two are my top priority. You look exhausted, are you sure you aren't tired? I could totally call it quits for the day even though we're scheduled to continue filming for a couple more hours." Nate responds.

"I'm not tired in the slightest, I'll be fine. What's the next scene we're doing?" I reassure.

"Are you really sure?? I don't want you to pass out or run yourself ragged for me or the production." He hums.

"Yes, Nate. It's okay. I would hate for you to miss your deadline." I repeat.

"That's exactly what Hugh said- Nate beamed -this is why I love you two! Your determination and work effort is amazing! We're going to be filming the stage combat so I hope you're ready for a grueling few shoots!"

This is going to be awful.

Finally, Nate called for the shoot day to be over and we could go home. Not to mention that we had to stay an extra hour over schedule! I just want to get back home and see my darling children. Hugh and I walk to the car and I request that he drive. He flashed me that trademark smile and agreed, kissing me and hopping into the driver's seat. My daughter's 10 and her little brother Jamie is 6, neither of them is old enough to stay at home by themselves so my parents stayed at our house so they could be watched once home from school. We were driving and things were going smoothly until we ran into traffic. A traffic jam is the last thing I want to deal with! I don't want to sit in the car on a hot summer's day in the sweltering heat. I fidget with the air-con, trying to get the air to run a little faster, but it was going as high as it could go.