Let Me Love You

A oneshot for Thunderdogist93

Michelle's POV

I have a dilemma. A pretty big dilemma. I've been working at the Bureau for a few months now, ever since they hired me in Singapore. My dilemma is nothing concerning the job, well partly I guess, but the people involved in it. I've been having... feelings. Romantic feelings. Towards who you might ask? One of our detectives here at the Bureau is a beautiful young lady named Shelbie Briggs. She's just so beautiful. So beautiful that you can't believe it. I don't know why I have these feelings, or how they started. I don't mind the feelings though, I've given into them. Who couldn't fall in love with someone like that? Who wouldn't love someone like that? She's just... such a wonderful person. I can't help but think about her, and I daydream about her whenever I see her and zone out at how pretty she is. Recently, however, I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I had this feeling about her when I first saw her. I... I just... fell in love with her at the first sight of her. Her long brown hair, those hazel eyes, that pale white fair skin, and in her professional wear. Oh, it was casual but I still couldn't help myself. A cute little tomboy that doesn't wear make-up. Now though, that we're working together, my feelings have just grown stronger. I'm happy to be working with Shelbie, but I am afraid to tell her my feelings because I don't want to be rejected by the woman I love.

Because of these conflicting feelings I have, I decided to talk about my feelings and romance with Marina. Marina has been very helpful in this situation. She's really understanding. While she might not emphasize having feelings towards another woman, she has still been giving me a lot of advice. Relationship advice! I guess that she's got a lot of good advice because she is in a relationship with Jonah. I explained my problem and she said that I should tell her my feelings. While I don't know how to tell her, I know I should. How am I supposed to tell Shelbie that I am in love with her? I actually need to talk to her today. I've been pondering this all day. I decided to invite her up to my room for us to hang out. There's a new movie that has come out recently. I've been wanting to see it, but I haven't been able to yet. The movie has come out on DVD though, and I have finally been able to buy it. I want to invite Shelbie to watch it with me. I walk into the break room in the morning, needing my morning coffee, and discover Shelbie sitting at the table there. She's sipping at a cup of coffee and wearing one of her typical tomboy outfits. She's wearing her pair of cargo camo pants and a red sleeveless shirt. I make myself a cup of coffee, decided to drink it black, and took a seat next to her. Shelbie smiles and I grin back at her, trying to hide how nervous I am.

"Hey Shelbie, are you doing anything tonight?" I query.

"No, I'm not doing anything tonight, why are you asking?" Shelbie replies.

"Well, I was planning on watching a movie, and was wondering if you would want to watch it with me?" I respond.

"Aw, sure! That sounds like so much fun! I'll watch it with you." She returns.

"I'm glad that you agreed with me. What kind of popcorn would you like? I have white cheddar, butter, movie theatre butter, extra butter, stuff like that." I say.

"Regular buttered popcorn will be fine with me, Michelle! I have to ask though, what kind of movie is it?" Shelbie asks.

"It's mostly a court-themed movie. I like court dramas. Does that sound entertaining to you? You don't have to join me if you don't think you'll like the movie." I reply.

"I don't mind. I'm watching it with you, with popcorn, isn't that all that matters?" She counters.

I feel myself blush. "I... I guess... but what time would you like to meet?"