Differing Opinions

Adelaine's POV

Today's been such a good day and it's just going to get better as the day goes on, I know it. Sean and William stopped by today and they brought the twins with them. Oh, Sierra and Ethan are such cuties! Kelsey is also here. We're having such good conversations. I'm playing with the twins, playing a game of peekaboo with them. Ethan's sitting in Sean's lap and Sierra is sitting in William's lap. I move my hands, revealing myself, and both of the babies laugh.

"Oh, their laughs are just the cutest thing!" William gushes.

"They certainly are easily entertained!" Sean remarks, laughing himself.

"And it's all thanks to you Kelsey!" William smiles.

Kelsey's cheeks go red. "I would do it all again to see how happy you two are with the results!"

"Oh no, two is enough," Sean says.

"I would have to agree, it can be a very painful experience," I reply.

"Now that I have experienced the same feeling, it's definitely painful." Kelsey agrees.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, motherhood is a wonderful life-altering experience." I hum.

"It sure is." She says softly.

"It has changed our sleeping habits, that's for sure." William huffs.

"Yeah, all the coffee in the world can't fix how cranky you are in the mornings." Sean retorts.

The two share a playful glare.

"It's worth it though. They're both so cute! It reminds me of how Amelie and Jamie were at that age, absolutely adorable!" I say.

"Speaking of my niece, don't you have to pick her up from the bus stop soon?" Kelsey asks.

I lift my wrist, glancing at my watch. "Ah, you're right! I'll be right back, I wouldn't want to be late getting her!"

I get up from my chair, hurrying to the front door. I quickly slip on my shoes and leave the house. The bus stop isn't that far away. I walk to the bus stop and smile at the other parents waiting to pick up their children, politely giving them a wave. The school bus pulls up and the children slowly start to disembark from the bus. Amelie comes off the bus, looking for me. Her long red hair is in her face, covering most of it. She doesn't look at me and doesn't make eye contact. I smile at her and she doesn't react. Uh oh, this doesn't seem good.

"So, Amelie, how was your day at school today?" I ask.

"It was okay," Amelie responds, her voice a soft whisper.

"Just okay? Did something happen?" I query.

She doesn't answer, starting to walk back to our house. I follow her, starting to get really concerned. I cut her off from walking, standing in front of her. She's hiding something from me and I need to get to the bottom of this.

"Sweetheart, you know that you can tell me anything right? I know that something's bothering you." I say.

"Mom- She took a breath and it sounded shaky, almost like she was crying -I'm okay."

Not believing her, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I crouch down to her eye level. I reached a hand out and touched her chin, tilting her head up to face me. Her hair fell from her face, revealing to me that she was crying. I gasp, surprised. Why is she crying?!

"Honey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?!" I ask.

She sniffles. "Mom, someone was being mean to me today!"

Criminal Case Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें