37. Ties and Chicken

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 37

Cassandra Campbell was a pothead.

She would make it a habit to smoke before school, during lunch with Sebastian and his friends, and after school. Completely ignoring the pleas of Mr.Bautista's singing lessons. She liked being high. It was easier for her to forget the increased amount of rumors spread about her.

Rumors, being that now she was screwing the basketball team's entirety instead of her boyfriend, Sebastian. It didn't bother him Sebastian for the simple fact he didn't know about it. The seven periods without him felt empty, even more so because she was mildly sober for them.

She sat on the stoop next to Sebastian, listening to the banter of the basketball team. She found their jokes funny. Any other time, she would be uninterested. She enjoyed her time with them. They didn't think she was a whore. She was just Sebastian's girlfriend, who happened to be really gorgeous and could make cool shapes with smoke. A thought that she could live with.

The bell rang, indicating her fun was over, and it was time for her to go back to class. The basketball team players left, leaving Sebastian and Cassandra alone. He placed his lips into the crook of her neck. She bit her lip and touched his chest.

"We should skip the rest of the day. Spend some time in your bed, run the bases. It's so cold, and I much rather be under some blankets holding you in my arms," she murmured as he kissed her and touched her breasts.

"I like that. How about after this next class, I have a test."

"But, you're high," she chuckled, followed by kissing his lips. She tasted the weed on his lips. An acquired flavor that she liked. "You won't do that well, might as well just leave and have sex with me."

He bit his lip. He would always jump at the chance for sex with Cassandra, especially when she was like this. But, a failing grade would result in his mother's nagging and the absence of Cassandra being allowed over for a while.

"After class, besides, I'm not that high. I skipped a few times during rotation."

"Oh," she laughed. "I didn't even notice. The guys were so funny. I didn't even notice." She laughed at the thought of the grotesque joke one of the guys said, whose name escaped her. "But screw the test, what we're going to do is going to be way more fun," she chuckled into his lips.

His eyebrow twang. It was a bad idea that he would surely regret. The back door swung open, making the two teenagers separate. The area smelt like marijuana, and one look down showed the joint. He picked it up; the two teenagers' hearts dropped. Being caught with drugs was surely lead to expulsion on both their ends. Sebastian was the first to open his mouth. They both didn't need to go down for it.

Before he could get a word out, "Cassandra, really?"

He didn't acknowledge Sebastian. The thought that the young star in the making would smoke her voice away irritated him to no end. She ignored the singing lessons he offered in exchange to make her voice worse. He flicked the joint to the ground. Sebastian didn't recognize the teacher.

"Who are you?" Sebastian asked. Faculty made him nervous, especially with the amount of evidence that he was smoking weed behind the school. It wasn't just speculation like usual. The usual red glossy eyes or smell wasn't enough to warrant the paperwork.

"Mr.Bautista, Cassandra's singing instructor. Also, a faculty member here." Sebastian sucked in his breath. He was powerless against him. Mr.Bautista looked to the young couple and sighed. "You two go on to class. I didn't see a thing."