20. Parties and Jealousy

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 20

The party was bustling with everyone from school. Beer bottles were scattered on the tables, the smell of weed was present in the air. Aurora and Cassandra arrived wearing a scandalous attire that Walter and Michelle would kill them for wearing. The two parents left for the weekend to get some much-needed rest from finding a house and working a large amount of overtime to cover the down payment. Their outfits clung to their bodies, showing off their newly developed bodies.

"So, this is my first high school party. I mean I was invited to some but dad never let me go," Aurora admitted when the two walked into the hotel room filled to the brim with students she would be attending school with next year. She stayed close to Cassandra to avoid the dreaded feeling of being alone at a party by herself with no one to talk to. 

"Well, this is my second," Cassandra informed her. "But there's no need to be afraid. We're here to have fun." A loud thump made the two turned to look to the two seniors who were pinned against the wall kissing one another, with red cups in their hands. Some of the liquid slowly fell out of the cup leaving a puddle of alcohol waiting for someone to slip on it.

"And is it always like this?" Aurora asked as she looked to the couple and back to the series of people dancing with one another.

"Well, I was too drunk to pay attention to many people. I-I was with Sebastian or Nick most of the time." Her first memory of going to an actual high school party was filled with Sebastian. Sebastian and her dancing all of their worries away and him carrying her to the car. She had no reason to be afraid that night, he gave her the chance to let loose without the worry of any accidents happening like the ones she heard happen to other girls at parties like this.

"And Nick is?" Aurora heard of every one of Cassandra's school friends. Vicky, Amy, and Gabrielle even Phillip but nothing about Nick. As the words came out of Aurora's mouth, Nick picked Cassandra up from under her feet and lifted her in the air causing her to yelp. Cassandra's eyes widen then she quickly relaxed when she saw who was holding her up. A light chuckle came out of her mouth.

"This is Nick," she giggled.

Although, Cassandra and Sebastian broke up. She still liked Nick, he was funny and they spoke to one another in the halls when they saw each other. He made sure to invite her to every party and this particular party was the wildest of all. All of the seniors and the more known underclassmen were invited. 

Nick looked down at Aurora, he didn't recognize her from school and Sebastian never mentioned a girl that looked like her. "Hey, I'm Nick," he smiled with Cassandra still on his shoulder. "And you are?"

Aurora took a step back when she saw Nick, he was very attractive, she thought. "Aurora, she's my new step-sister," Cassandra added from his shoulder. "Can you let me down now?"

"Hi, Aurora. Drink as much as you want, I'm going to steal your sister for a bit."

"What? Steal me? Nick let me down," Cassandra urged.

"No way, you're my beer pong partner and those guys from last time want a rematch. You look great by the way," he added as he walked to the beer pong table with Cassandra on his shoulders. Everyone when they saw Nick made room for him to get past. Aurora stuck by the two taking glances at everyone.

Nick put Cassandra on her feet, "Cassandra!" Darren shouted. "You're back." Cassandra recognized him, he was on the football team with Nick and the guy she beat in beer pong earlier that year.