26. Regrets and Sex

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 26

Cassandra stood against her locker. She watched the students walk past her as they whispered when they caught a glimpse of the ring on her finger. She crossed her arms, tucking her hand in her armpit as she waited for Aurora. 

Aurora placed a hand on her heaving chest as she approached Cassandra, "thanks for waiting for me. I really needed help with that equation for some reason it just wasn't clicking for me in class."

"It's no problem, you're doing me a favor."

"You memorized the lines?"

Cassandra kicked herself off her locker. "Of course. As the future star of the play, I need to have all of my lines memorized. It wouldn't be very professional if I didn't."

Aurora's eyebrows raised, a coy smiled was present on her face as she looked over at Aurora. "I love the confidence."

"Well, I am Diana. She eludes confidence and skill no matter where she goes."

Aurora and Cassandra walked down the hall to the double doors of the auditorium. Cassandra sighed when she looked at the double doors. "You're sure about this?"

"Of course, I am. Vicky needs to go down, and this, my beautiful sister is one way to do it."

Cassandra pushed the door open prompting all the students to turn towards her. Some got up from their chairs and left while others settled with whispering to one another when the two girls walked down the steps to two open seats. "Sorry, we're late everyone. I was waiting on Aurora," she smiled.

Sebastian's eyes flickered to Cassandra's who was taking a seat. He sat next to Vicky who begged him to come to her audition. Inside the cold auditorium, when he saw Cassandra goosebumps covered his arms. "No worries, take a seat. We were just getting started."

Cassandra took a seat in the front row, four seats down from Vicky and Sebastian. "Why do you think she's here?" Vicky whispered into Sebastian's ear. He stayed silent, as he pondered her question.

He didn't know why Cassandra was there or why her new step-sister was there either. This was a play and Cassandra never showed any interest in them or the acting world. "Okay, it's about that time, everyone. Today we're holding auditions for the lead roles and pianist of our newest original work. Over the summer, as you know, students submit to me original works in hopes they will be chosen to be produced and with the addition of a five hundred dollar reward," Mr. Waterford informed them.

Cassandra crossed one leg over another as she listened. Sebastian took note of her, his eyes never diverting from her. "The main role of Diana, includes three solos, a duet and a group song with dance routines orchestrated by Mrs. Whitecotton and the dance teacher. It's our biggest show of date. Okay, now that everyone understands let's begin."

"Based on your singing abilities alone, you are guaranteed the part," Aurora whispered. Cassandra didn't worry about her ability to get the part. What worried her is if she could contain herself from ripping Vicky's hair out.

"Okay, who wants to go first." The room went silent, "come on everyone, how are you supposed to be on stage in front of hundreds of people if you can't even audition in front of twenty. Now someone gets up there and show me what you got."

Vicky was the first to get up. Everyone turned to Vicky, she breathed in and then out. Vicky looked to Sebastian, "kiss for good luck?" Sebastian grimaced when Vicky put her lips to his.