50. Beds and Instagram

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

Make sure you vote!!!

Chapter 50

Happy 50!!!

"Hey Cas, it's Sebastian," he said over the phone. He paced his empty room. "I'm calling to check on you. Um...I meant it when I said I'm here for you if you want to talk to someone. I know we had some problems. Some is an understatement, a lot of problems, but we were friends before we dated. And I don't mind being a friend. You seem to be really going through it, and I just...I just want to say I'm here for you."

Sebastian hadn't seen Cassandra since prom. It had been days since the fateful day of her crying in his arms. She felt cold against his skin, and her tears soaked the t-shirt he wore. He still remembered the feeling of her in his arms. She became undone for him, showing him her rawest self. A self she hadn't shown anyone else—not even Michelle. 

Her crying face haunted him ever since. He couldn't get it out of his head no matter what he was doing or who he was with.

Sebastian paced the room. "She's not okay. She's probably crying," he muttered to himself. "She's probably alone. Alone," he repeated before he stopped pacing his room. Sebastian grabbed his keys and did the one thing he swore he would never do again. He drove to Cassandra's house. 

It was midday, the perfect time for him to come over. Michelle would be at the hospital and Walter at his police patrols. He parked in front of her house. Her car stood right in front. It looked as if it hadn't moved in days.

Hee approached the house and knocked on the door. He was surprised to see Aurora, with her dual-colored hair answering the door. She took a step back when she saw the tall specimen that was Sebastian Livingston at her front door again. 

"Sebastian?" She questioned. "What are you doing here? Wait...I know why you're here. It's Cassandra, right?"

"Yeah, it is. But, it's not what you think. I'm just here to check on her. I heard about her grandpa, and I know they were close. And I just...I came to see if she's okay."

Aurora rubbed her arm. "Yeah, I can't say that she is, in fact, okay. His death is it's kind of hitting her hard. She doesn't leave her room unless she is using the bathroom and occasionally eats food. She lost a bit of weight." He swallowed the spit in his mouth. His leg began to bounce as he began to look over Aurora's shoulder, hoping she'll let him in. "If you think you can help her," she moved to the side and allowed him to get past her. "Then go for it. Cassandra and I are going through a rough patch, but I don't want her to suffer."

"Thank you, Aurora," he said before coming inside. He knew where Cassandra's room sat. He'd walked through and snuck through the house many times to get into Cassandra's room. He would never forget when he stayed the night and had to leave before Michelle's five am shift. He felt like an assassin that wandered through the halls looking for their next prey.

Sebastian didn't bother to knock on the door. He knew she was in there, probably staring at her wall or under her covers, hoping the world would swallow her up with no remorse. He opened the door. The usually organized room that smelled of delicious scents was a mess. Dishes, food, clothing, and boxes labeled differently riddled the room.

He took a seat on her bed. "Cas," he merely said. She laid under the covers and didn't come out. "I told you I was here for you. I won't leave your side," Sebastian said. He stayed by her side in silence, holding her hand until it was time for Michelle to come home.

Sebastian made it his mission to see her every day. No words were exchanged by the two, just holding the hand, a few sniffles, and silence between them.