Are You Worth Jail Time? (10)

CHAPTER 10

Curfew in the dorms is at midnight, but apparently, you can bribe the night guard to let you in past that. 

I did not think this would be how my first few months in college would turn out. I miss my home town a whole lot less now though.

Bailey is going to be here any minute for our first date. I have not seen him in two days, but we have been texting a lot to keep in touch.

I take my phone out my back pocket to check the time.

"21:37"

Okay, so he is a few minutes late. It is okay though because I am sure that there must be traffic or something. Who am I kidding? There is no traffic in this part of town past eight, but I am positive he must have a good excuse.

I take out my phone and dial his number. It rings a few times before he picks up.

"Shit," he cusses and then I hear a crackle which I assume is him having dropped his phone, "Frosty, hey!"

"Hey, Bailey, did you forget we were supposed to hang out tonight?" I try not to shiver into the line. It is quite cold out tonight and I do not know why I took Candy's advice to wear shorts and a cropped hoodie.

"Oh yeah, fuck it totally slipped my mind. I am so sorry Frostbite, I really hope you were not waiting out in the cold for me." I hear a girl giggle and then a male voice in the background.

"Oh, you had other plans...uhm that's cool. I just wish you had cancelled ours befor-you know what I have no right to be mad though," I shed a nervous giggle.

He shuffles a bit, "You do not?" he asks confused.

"No, no I do not cause I actually took a nap and I was feeling so bad until I saw I did not have any missed calls from you which meant that you had also forgotten so we are even. I am just going to watch a movie or something, you have fun." I try to sound as peppy as I can.

"No wait, we were just going out to get some Mc Deez. We will pick you up on the way, you do not have to change out of whatever you are wearing there is no time anyway we are almost there." shit.

"Oh, oh okay cool beans or whatever, I will start heading down." I hang up and run through the doors back up to my room.

The door is unlocked and I burst through and reach for my bag rummaging through it to find my sweats while already kicking off my shorts.

"Did you not have a date over an hour ago?" Yara asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I just came back to change my pants because it is cold." I slip on my sweats then grab my phone and run back down the stairs. On the last few I slow down and catch my breath so that they do not know I ran.

I push open the door just as my phone rings.

"Hey, yeah I see you guys." I hang up and make my way to the car and hop in the back next to Bailey. In the front, a girl sits in the passenger seat and a male is the one driving us out of campus.

"Hey everyone," I say cheerily.

"Guys, meet Frostbite, but you guys can call her by her actual name, Snow. Snow, meet my best friend who is like a brother to me, Mike, but everyone calls him Mik." Mike winks at me through the review mirror.

An action I would not have seen if it were not for the red traffic light highlighting his striking features.

"Nice to meet you Mik," I smile at him.

"Call me Mike, Frosty." I do not know whether to be offended or not, but I just smile politely and nod.

Mike Niquezo- Like every heart breaker he had the dirty blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He knew how to say the right things so was good at manipulations for his womanizer ways. He was a soccer star and he was roughly the same height as Bailey if not taller and had a defined upper body. He was 20 years old and Bailey's best friend