There Must Be A Mistake (1)

CHAPTER 1

I make my way outside after I register. Apparently, I am supposed to wait for someone to come to assist me to my room. I think I wait for about ten minutes before I get tired and decide to take a seat somewhere. 

A guy that looks like they have been ripped out of some rockband cover magazine walks up to me holding a piece of paper.

"Maliks?" 

(you have got to be kidding me.)

Chad Bossman- He is 21, four years older than me and a senior or whatever it is in college. He is really tall and well built. He has red spiky hair, earrings, tattoos up and down his arm and brown eyes.

"Who is asking?" I never understood that thing because I feel like it gives away that you are the person that was asked for.

"Sorry, I am late kiddo I was getting my eyebrow piercing. It is sick right?"  He points to his red brow. 

(That looks painful.)

"Ah'huh," I agree not really thinking so, "can you take me to my room?"

"That is kind of my job, love. Pass me your identification sheet." he reads over it but then frowns.

"What is wrong?" I ask.

"There is some sort of mistake..."

"If you are talking about me being sixteen, that is not a mistake." I fiddle with my rings.

"No, no that is not it. I am afraid, sugar lips, that they have placed you on the wrong side of campus." What!?

"What do you mean, the wrong side of campus?" I ask him, grabbing my sheet to see.

"Well for some reason you are registered as a male, I do not understand because you look nothing like one." I wrap my jacket tightly around me as he checks me out openly.

"Okay, so let us go speak to someone and they can change me back to what I actually am and I can be placed to a new room," I say walking back to the building.

"That is not how it works, sweetheart. You are lucky you even got here and you had a room. Usually, you have to register and wait like a month before they place you in a room. If you go and query this they will put you in a new room but only after a while." He shrugs.

"So you are telling me that I have to stay with the boys? I have to walk across campus in the morning to shower!?" I ask him.

"Yes, ma'am that is exactly what I am saying." He says amused.

"That is not funny." I glare at him.

"I am not laughing," he bursts out into laughter, "okay, now I am." I sigh frustratedly.

"Fuck my life." I sit back down.

"Damn, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?" he pokes my cheek and when I look up at him I cannot fight my smile.

"The person who decided to change my sex!" I end up laughing at myself when he laughs at my outburst.

"It will be alright,"

"Well let us go tell them and get this stupid transfer process started!" I do not wait for him.

-

"Okay, so they said you will transfer ASAP but in the meantime, you can use this dumbie card which will get you into the female bathrooms and change rooms in the gym." He hands me the card and I tuck it in my pocket.

"Oh my fuck, this shit only happens in the movies! This is not a movie!" I run my hand over my face and exhale.

"Let me show you to your room and I can talk to your roommate and make sure he keeps his hands to himself." He grabs my bags from me and carries them for me.