WHAT I DON'T MISS (28)

CHAPTER 28
SARAH'S POV

I have no complaints about my break so far and Snow's new friends are really cool. They kinda remind me of us. How we were in high school. We are not like that anymore.

When Isaac and Lily approached me I was very scared. Especially when they took me to The Dome. It was so different from what I am used to. I have grown from that now. Being around people who know me or understand me brings a sort of comfort with it.

Remember when Jack stripped and ran across the field and we cheerleaders had to cover him with our pom-poms?

Hold on, you seem confused. You are not from here, are you? You did not follow the start of my college experience. Well, it is too late to go back now. A lot has happened.

Let me introduce myself.

I am Sarah Mayon, in this story, I go as Snow's best friend. Some of you know me from the previous book and some of you only know me because I was previously mentioned some time ago when Snow went back home.

I am currently at the mall with my three best friends. It has been forever since the three of us have had a chance to hang out. We are are the food court waiting for our pizza orders.

"I do not like Yara," Steph says and we all look at her confused.

"Excuse me?" Snow questions.

"Yeah, no me too. She gives me fake vibes." Bella adds and I laugh.

"Yeah, me too. I would not trust her if I were you, Snow." I warn her.

"She might stab you in the back if you give her a chance," Steph adds and the three of us nod.

"Guys, stop. You do not know her the way I do, okay? We have been through a lot and she looks out for me. She told me about Lora, she almost punched Bailey for me and she tried to advise me to get with Kayden because she thinks he is good for me." she says to us slightly annoyed.

"And then she kissed him." Bella scoffs.

"It was a game, she had to." Snow defends.

"No, she did not. Would you have kissed Daniel if the bottle landed on you?" I ask her.

"Of course not." She replies.

"You know that Sarah likes him and it would hurt her to kiss him. That is why you would not kiss him even if you like him too." Steph says and Snow frowns.

"I know you two have some sort of history and feelings do not just go away, Snow. I know that even if you wanted Daniel with every inch of your soul you would still have refused to kiss him." I say to her.

"How do you know that Sarah, huh?" she gets up from her chair.

I give her a small smile before I say what I say next because I know it is the truth and she knows it too. She only just met this girl and I get that new friendship trust with someone you click with.

"Because you did not kiss Bailey."

"And we all know how much you wanted to do that," Bella say grabbing her hand gently.