No, I Do Not Know Her. (8)

Chapter 8

I take a seat where I had previously had placed my butt. Kellen is also now seated on the couch but on the couch across from me.

"Are you okay, Snow?" Bailey turns my chin toward him and I smile. His touch...

"Yeah, no, I was just surprised to see him here." I glace at Kellen whose gaze has not moved from mine since I walked into the television room.

"Looked like you had seen a ghost. Do you guys know each other?" I look at Kellen, but his eyes say nothing.

It is as if he is observing me. Like I am one of Picasso's paintings and he is trying to figure out what I mean. He really has not changed, I do not know what I was expecting though, it has only been a few months.

Of course, at Mountvelt a few months feel like a few years. I realised that I had not given Chad an answer when he moves onto asking Kellen.

"Barry, do you?" I look at Kellen waiting to hear what he would say.

"I know a different Snowflake, this one is not her." what?

"What are you saying?" Quinton laughs at how odd he sounds. I am just as confused.

"No, I do not know her."

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

KAYDEN'S POV

"What the fuck are you talking about, Kellen. You know exactly who I am." I flinch at the use of my old name.

"His name is Kayden," Bailey says and I almost thank him for correcting her.

"No, his name is Kellen Barry. He went to my school earlier this year, but then he left and NOW he is here denying that he has ever met me." she folds her arms. She still does that sulking thing when she is being told she is wrong and she is not.

Cute.

"That is not my name anymore, Snowflake. I changed it to Kayden, but the details are not important. You are not the little girl I met all those months ago that is why I said I do not know you. You have changed." she really has.

"Oh, I thought you were like ashamed to know me or something." she fiddles with the hands nervously and I burst out into laughter.

Once I calm down I motion for Quinton to throw the television remote to me. I know Snow is probably hurt about me not replying to her statement, but that conversation was not going anywhere.

She was going to want answers that I was not going to give to her and that would end with her as confused as ever and I know how much she hates to be confused.

I flip through the channels.

"Bossman, tryouts on Monday," I say to Quinton.

Boss = Chad

Bossman = Quinton

"Shit, preseason is already starting and I have not been training." guess you will not be making the team...

"Neither have I, but this whole week I have been grinding hard. We both know it is not easy to make the team." I settle on a Netflix film and stretch on legs out onto the table and lean back into the couch. My hands are raised so the rest behind my head.

"At least you-"

"I do not like this movie, Kellen." I know she purposefully called me that just to spite me. I look at her from across me, wearing a beautiful dress at suits her so well. She really looks different, almost sad.