Date Night (34)

CHAPTER 34

SNOWFLAKE'S POV

"You have been seeing this girl for a while I do not see why I am needed." I groan tying my shoelace with a double knot to keep it secured.

Tonight, Chad decided that it is time I meet the precious Jule he wanted to keep hidden and Chad is not one to change his mind often.

"She thinks I do not want her meeting my friends, thinks that I am keeping her as a secret. You and Barry will be the proof that I need that I am not." he does not spare me a glance as he types away on his phone.

Chad is almost always on his phone and he is also the type to leave the room to make a sketchy phone call. For some odd reason though, I still feel really safe at his side.

"You are hiding her technically. You refused to have us meet her!"

It makes a lot of sense that Julia is the reason that he changed his mind. I think she is right for him if she can make his stubborn ass change his mind.

"Now I am granting that request am I not?" he shoots me a wink before he returns back to his typing.

"Why just me and Kayden?" he switches off his phone screen.

"You ask a lot of questions."

"If you gave me proper answers there would be no need for the million follow up questions." I fake a giggle to hide my annoyment.

I hate it when people give vague answers that require follow up questions for you to fully understand or be content.  

"You ask a question not knowing how much better it is to stay in the dark, Snowflake." I glare at him.

"Do not call me that. I know you are this big scary guy that everyone seems to respect, but I know it is not respect out of admiration. I recognize fear when I see it. Why is everyone so afraid of you? Should I be too?" the room falls silent.

I can hear the beating in my chest thump through my skeleton cage. He breaks the silence with a chuckle.

"I am not a danger to you...Snow. If you must know, I am the head of an illegal corporation of some sort. The fewer details the better for your safety and sanity-"

"Boss...because you are some sort of gang leader." it all makes sense when I put the pieces in my head together for the first time at the gym.

"Something like that. You are smart enough to take that beyond your deathbed that is why I am telling you. I know you will want to know if she is also aware and the answer to that is yes." he walks past me to leave the room and I follow in his footsteps, literally.

"Well, of course, she knows. You like her so I know you will have definitely let her know, something has got you hesitating though."I poke at his side as we both make our way down the frat house steps.

"Look at you miss observant." he chuckles.

Kayden is waiting by the door leaning against its frame and I make sure to survey his striking features. 

(Sexy, as always.)

I walk into his open arms and wrap my arms around his neck balancing on my toes as I do so. Mint and spices is how I would describe his scent if I wanted to be lazy about it, but it is much more than that.

"You look lovely, Snowbugs." his lips peck at my cheek and I beam like a little kid on Christmas. 

I cannot really relate to that comparison though seeing as my parents were not really about presents on that day. The Maliks always leant more on the family love side.