Think Happy Thoughts (27)

CHAPTER 27

Am I in love with Kayden?

To be honest I do not know anything anymore. I think we have a pretty good friendship going and I do not want a relationship to ruin it.

Friendships like ours never go back to normal after breakups. I do not want to lose Kayden.

(Pushing him away will make you lose him.)

Letting him in will make me lose myself when he leaves.

...

I am always one of the last ones to awake wherever I go. It is not the waking up it is the getting up that kills me.

After what must be my fifth attempt I get up and do the bed before I head to the bathroom. I wash my face with plain water and rinse off my morning breath with minted mouth wash.

I brush my teeth after I eat. I put on the dress from yesterday day and head downstairs.

Bella, Sarah, Steph, Quin, Kayden, Anderson and Yara are down here.

"Goodmorning everyone, sleep well?" I greet politely.

"Goodmorning darl, we slept great thanks. Drink up for a potential hangover." Jaque offers me a remedy and I shake my head.

"I did not have a lot to drink. I will have a glass of water, fruit loops and I will be fantastic." I reassured him.

I walk into the kitchen to make myself cereal.

"I am sorry about last night," Kayden says softly beside me as he makes cereal too.

"Do not sweat it. I would just really like if if you backed off, okay?" I ask and he nods then takes he bowl and moves from beside me.

Why did I secretly wish he refused? Why did I want his persistent ass to do as it does? I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WANT!

I walk over to the couch and I sit on another end of the couch so there is a space between Bailey and me. The Teen Titans are playing and the episode where they sing about waffles is playing.

I feel like I should say something to him, just to break the air. I do not know though...

Bailey gets the thoughts in my mind running. Maybe he will break the silence. He has not said a word to me since yesterday. Even then he was agreeing with Kayden.

The show ends and he looks at me. He gets up then walks to put his bowl of cereal away. I miss when we did not have this space between us.

I do not want him back anymore because we were not only connecting on a sexual level. Emotionally I feel that he understood me.

He was more than a lover he was my best friend too. Now he is just a stranger with my secrets.

My phone buzzes beside me and Xander's name flashes on the screen.

I watch as my phone rings, mouthing the words to Figures by Jessie Reyez. When it stops an email from the school pops up.

I pick up my phone and read the email.