The Moon (22)

Oh my soul thank you so much for 400 reads I love you guys so much!!

CHAPTER 22

Do you know that part in the movies when the guy gets caught cheating and the girl runs away crying? He chases after her and tells her he can explain. Reassuring her that he loves her and he will never do it again. Only to do it a million times again?

Where we are made to believe that a person can cheat on you and still call that love?

Yeah, that part.

I wish that would be what is taking place right now, but instead, I am glued to the spot. At first, my mouth was open in shock then I realised there was nothing surprising about the scene in front of me.

Now I am just staring at the ground frowning because this all makes no sense. Was Loran not the one who asked me to give him another chance or was that all in my head?

Ohhh I get it! This is all some sick nightmare and any moment from now I will wake up.

"Snow, you came back." Bailey's words have me clutching my stomach in laughter.

"Pinch me." I hold out my arm still curled over.

"Can we talk outs-"

"Pinch me Bailey so I can wake up! I refuse to believe you would do me like that! Leave me stranded at the airport for fries, fuck someone else then make out with your ex? No way just pinch me." I shake head and his eyes beg me to go outside.

"Please Frost-"

"No, do not call me that anymore," I say frowning at the floor.

"Snow, I am sor-"

"Snowflake." I look him straight in the eyes. He swallows the lump in his throat.

"I can't," he breaks eye contact.

"Do not look at me like I am the one who is hurting you, Bailey! Why must I be the one to feel bad for the mistakes that you keep on making?" I yell and I feel the tear pooling at my eye protectors.

"Outside please I owe you an explaina-"

"No, no you do not. You do not owe anything, right? You are free to do whatever you want I am NOT your GIRLFRIEND." I make sure to emphasize shit.

"Please," he pleads and I eventually nod.

"Please find Kayden by the door and tell him I got caught up so he can leave me or mingle for a while," I tell Yara and she nods.

-

The Moon

I don't think anyone understands why I love the moon, I don't think they comprehend the value it holds. The insomnia I suffer from, no have been blessed with, made it known to be the most beautiful body in the sky. Sure the sparkling tiny balls of gas that are sprinkled across the night sky mesmerize souls and I love to sing to them, but the moon is so much more than that. It lights up our nights and changes continuously. A beautiful pattern that goes from the shape of a toenail to a white reflecting surface. It reflects the light from the sun just as we should radiate the joy that surrounds us. Man, I love the moon and the many tales it has heard, from me and the trillions of souls before me. It listens to you and fills your heart with peace so I suggest you try it too when you're wide awake and the night awakes your pain.

Talk to the moon and sing to the stars...

- Sinoyolo Mfaka.

(More of my writing like this in the link on my profile)