Do Not Fall (25)

CHAPTER 25

Those who fall break

Be in love, do not fall in it; you will break. Enjoy the warmth of being cared for and showered with attention, but do not get attached to it. I know it is not as easy as I make it sound because love can be addictive like any drug and is probably one of the worst ones. Sure the high is amazing.

 The late-night calls, the ever-flowing conversations, the butterflies and the feelings triggered by just a single thought of that special someone.

"He called me his for the first time and my heart jumped out of my chest. He smells like his cologne and his Nivea lotion. Every time we kiss his hands run all over my body and he loves it when I slip my tongue in his mouth..."

When it is all over though, it is a torturous experience where even your own body is against you. Shaking and itching to pick up that phone to betray you and call or send that 'I miss you" text. Where you drink burning liquids hoping to burn their name off your tongue, only for your drunk self to end up on their doorstep, begging for them to take you back.

"He makes me laugh and I get mad at the thought of missing him. It is not a matter of thinking he is the one calling every time my phone rings or even believing he will text me. He will not call or text or even miss me..."

Then once that stage has passed and you can look them in the eye without your heart taking a jab. They smile or they say something that brings the memories flooding back. You shrug it off and do not say anything like you usually would because you have made peace with the fact that you are never getting back together. You will never have what you had again.

"He barely lets our eyes meet and when they do he holds this cold expression. I barely get a sentence out before he walks away from me talking. He acts like he does not care about me anymore, but I know he still wants me with every inch of his soul. Do I love him?"

So please do yourself a favour and do not fall in love for whatever falls shall break, and if they say they will catch you? Well, they never do. Do not be blinded by that attraction spell or get addicted to the high, because you will come down from the clouds at some point; right back down to hell.

"Why could I not be enough to make him stay? Why can I not make anyone stay!? Maybe in another life, I would have been enough to make you stay."

Stay in the middle where you love and respect them, but you make sure they give the same energy back and if they treat you like shit you are never too blinded to see it.

"I was always the one calling. He used to disappear without explaining. He did not open up to me as I did to him. I deserved better. Maybe him ending things really was what was best for us..."

I have gotten my heart broken more than once, but each time the current is worse than the last. Maybe it gets better, but I am starting to think all I will have are happily never afters. Again, be in love do not fall in it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

BAILEY'S POV

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Anderson better have a pretty good excuse to call me out of the pleasant evening I was going to have with little Suzie with the big back and front.