Forever Feeling (33)

CHAPTER 33

Fairytales do not exist, they cannot I mean it makes no sense. How can a perfect life even come about? The answer to that is pretty simple; it can not. 

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out.

"Incoming call Xander Caults..."

The screen projects and I sort of stare out into space getting lost in the thoughts of a boy who once made me believe there was a chance fairytales are real.

-FLASHBACK-

 I thought fairy tales were not real, but I never stopped hoping they were. This boy who stands before my eyes is the reason I am still hoping.

"Will you be mine, Snow? I need to know." He begs and my heartthrobs for the green-eyed boy before my eyes.

"Yes, I will be yours, Xander." The smile on his face is the most captivating beam I have ever seen. 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

The buzzing of my phone brings me out of it and the next thing I know my phone is against my ear and his voice sends my heart to my stomach.

Xander: Snow, hello? 

(he is just as surprised as I am seeing as I have ignored the hell out of him for the last few months.)

Snowflake: Xander, why do you keep calling me?

(I snap at him, but my heart softens when I hear his little brother on the other side.)

Zeke: Snowy? Is this really you?

( His voice makes tears rise to my eyelids.)

Snowflake: Hey, little one. Happy birthday!

(my voice cracks on that last word.)

(I hear him whisper what I think would be, "I told you so," to Xander.)

Zeke: Thank you! Xander said that you would have forgotten and that you would not answer the phone, but I told him that you would because it is my birthday.

(I can tell that his cute freckled face is smiling right now.)

Snowflake: Now that you are older, promise to be kinder for me, please.

(I hear him giggle on the other end.)

Zeke:I pwomise my Snowy.

(I quickly wipe away the tear that falls down my cheek and I hear him hand the phone over to Xander and run off.)

Xander: Thank you, that means the world to him and I know that you did not do it for me, but it still means a lot.

(I take a deep breath.)

Snowflake: Can I ask you something? Be honest. 

Xander: Shoot, Cup-Snow.

 (He corrects himself from using an old nickname.)