xviii. She took over

Start from the beginning

"She said she would be praying." He simply said and my eyes almost bulged out of my head.

"P-praying?"

"Are you deaf? Did you not hear me?" His voice raised a little and I flinched.

"Right. I apologize."

I bowed and headed up the stairs, leaving a glaring Voldemort downstairs.

I shut the door behind me and swatted Mrs.Maven's arm, "Why are you here praying!" I whisper-yelled and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"You didn't tell me he would be back! If I would've known before I would have poured some holy water around this whole house!" She hissed and I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, go with me. I'm not staying downstairs with him alone." I said and she stared at me.

"No."

"You owe me for not picking me up." I said and she continued staring at me with a blank look.

"You seem to have gotten here in perfect condition so it's okay."

"I also pay the bills and you don't." I said nonchalantly and she sighed.

"That's because I don't have money."

"Wonder why."

She glared at me and sighed before opening the door and walking out.

I did a victory dance before clearing my throat and straightening my posture.

"Glad to see you do have a maid to clean around." Father said and I froze, Mrs.Maven would definitely not like what he is saying.

"I've been around for a long time so don't worry." Mrs.Maven said sharply and Father didn't pay her any attention as he stared at me.

"What's her blood status?" It wasn't a question it was a demand and I gulped.

"She's a-"

"Half-Blood." Mrs.Maven said cutting me off and I grimaced.

"Shut it. I asked her not you Half-Blood." He said coldly.

"You might want to get a new maid or punish her, sometimes Half-Bloods like her don't understand not to cut off their masters."

"Oh no she just-"

He glared at me and I shut up immediately.

"Like I said, I've been around for a long time. I'm like her second mother. For the time I've been around I've never seen you. Are you her Grandpa?" Mrs.Maven said boldly and I almost wished I had enough courage as she did. Almost.

"You filthy Half-Blood." Father screeched as he stood up.

"Crucio."

To my horror, I watched as Mrs.Maven shook on the floor and screams erupted from her mouth.

"Shut her up." Father said and I slowly flicked my hand, thinking of the spell silencio and surely enough her screams stopped.

We both stood and watched Mrs.Maven on the floor, Father with delight and I with worry. He released the spell when she passed out and was about to say something when the door bell rang.

I stayed at the end of the hall and focused on the door, trying to see who was at the other side.

My brown eyes turned red and they widened a little when seeing none other than Dumbledore there.

I shut my eyes and turned to my father who had been watching me the whole time with curiosity.

"It's Dumbledore." I said plainly and his eyes hardened.