Chapter Forty

So another double update to finish Chapter one! Argh thanks so much to everyone who has given this story a chance, I appreciate and love every single one of you! 

Wolfsbane

Chapter 40

Branwen

Over the last few months, I liked to think that my twin was often with me as part of my wolf. We were pretty similar after all. Terra had helped me to remember my sister in a healthy way, and to lead my pack in her honour.

Now that I was told she was alive, I didn't know how to feel.

There were a few hundred young werewolves across the compound, but from what Toby had said as he pushed me down the hallways in a wheelchair, only six had been discovered near....his lodgings. Four under the age of ten, and one teenager with a scent suspiciously similar to mine. They had been reluctant to leave, so it was up to me to try and get them out.

Toby led me to a door, and knocked three times, looking down at me out of the corner of his eye," You don't have to if you don't want to."

I sighed, rubbing my face," What choice do I have? If what you smelled was right...she's alive."

"Beta Connor is helping to count and register all the remaining pack members and children. I'll wait outside until you call me." He said, and leaned against the stone wall. I didn't deserve his patience, not after the ordeal I had put him through going off on my own.

I took a deep breath, and opened the door cautiously.

The scent hit me almost immediately, the similar scent of rain that I had come to be comfortable with, however this one smelt more like a tropical rainforest, similar but slightly different. I could smell other scents around the room, but I barely had time to take them in before a gasp had me looking in the corner of the small flat.

A young woman had been crouched in the corner, looking down behind a tattered sofa, but caught my eyes when she looked up.

In some ways, it was like looking in a mirror. We had the same face shape, we stood at a similar height, and our deep blue eyes filled with tears in the exact same way. However, she was unnaturally thin, her blonde hair almost brown with dirt and almost down to her knees. Her clothes were patchy and she was even paler than I was.

"Do you know who I am?" I croaked out.

Her eyes darted over my face, and saw the bandages and casts holding me together, the Wolfsbane slowly leaving my system and not yet allowing me to heal properly.

"He said you were dead." She whispered hoarsely. My heart squeezed, we'd both been lied to all this time by our own parents.

"I don't even know your name."

"Sienna." I smiled, finally a name and a face to fill that space in my heart only my sister could have.

"I'm Branwen, and Toby was the one who found you." I explained.

"He was...kind. Brought us food." She said, gesturing to the sofa.

"Us?"

"Come out, it's okay." She called out, and my jaw dropped as four small children emerged. I saw each and every dirty, malnourished face and I saw one with blonde hair, two with dark brown, and another with flaming red hair, and all had varying shades of blue and brown eyes.