Chapter Sixteen

A/N: I'm so sorry I couldn't update yesterday, I wasn't happy with the chapter so had to give it a few tweaks, but I'm really pleased with this one overall, especially the last page. I hope you guys enjoy! 

Wolfsbane

Chapter 16

Branwen

The trees zipped past us as we raced through the forest. Three blurs of fur and claws, our paws silent against the bark, twigs and dead leaves littering untouched, inaccessible land. The rush of freedom was like nothing I'd ever felt before.

And now, I wasn't alone.

Both of their wolves were bigger than mine, more muscular and stocky. I was built for stealth and speed, and could push even further ahead if I wished, but they were still getting used to the feeling of this form, of lifting one hand off the wheel of control, the other side of our souls taking over.

Terra sounded carefree, blissful as she yelled, isn't this so much better with a pack?

We're not a pack, I rolled my eyes at her.

There's more than one wolf, this is a pack.

"So, what are your wolves saying?" I asked the two as they slowly caught up. Toby kept dodging trees widely, afraid of hurting himself.

"Mine wants a name?" He stated.

"Well yeah, wouldn't you? Mine's called Terra, remember?"

"Hmm...what about Neptune?"

I barked a laugh in response, "I wouldn't if you ever want us to take you seriously."

"Urgh fine. I'll think of something."

"I like the theme of gods." Rowan offered.

"Zeus is too pompous, right?"

"Yes Toby. Yes it is."

"How about...Mars? Or Ares?" I suggested, slowing as we reached the spot where we would swim in the summer holidays. It was beautiful spot, carved into the mountains, and was often undisturbed by tourists.

"I like Ares!" Toby nudged my hind leg as he almost stopped too late.

I trotted up towards one of the rocks and lay down, the fight having taken it out of me.

"God, when was the last time we were here?" Rowan asked, immediately trotting into the water. The smooth water was quickly disturbed and water sprayed all over Toby and I.

"You've done it now, you little shit!" Toby yelled, and I was shocked when a growl ripped through his teeth.

He's a strong wolf, a good mate. You should be proud.

I watched as he took off into the lake, play fighting with Rowan's wolf, Yes, he's very mature.

He's adjusting, as you are. No doubt his wolf has already told him.

I watched him, and the aura I felt in the pack link didn't feel like his world was crashing down around him, Hmm, I don't think he has.

Then perhaps you could tell him?

I gave another breathy laugh, that's not happening.

You can't ignore the mate bond, Bran. It's a blessing.