Chapter Thirty-Seven

Almost a thousand views! WOO! Hope you guys enjoy!

Wolfsbane

Chapter 37

Toby

"Go on boy, shift! Make my day." He yelled, his heavy boot pressing into my chest, but I barely felt it.

He'd let her bleed out just meters away, to make a point.

My eyes stung as I felt her soul slipping away, and I could do nothing.

Mate...

I can't shift, he'll kill us both.

It doesn't take long to snap a neck...

"Ahh, I've felt that before, the Alpha's power seeping into your bones, their life draining as it fuels your wolf. You feel like you can do anything, there's nothing like it, a nice rush before I wipe your wolf from this Earth." He grinned.

My hands started shaking, and I felt Ares so close to the surface.

STOP!

Why! She's dying, I want to feel his blood on my jaw, I want to make him feel our pain!

We can't do that to the pack!

But then, a glimmer had my eyes turning to wear she lay. Her hand was glowing.

What's happening?

"I'll let your little wolves leave if you shift for me." He said his eyes not even bothering to hide the lie.

Her hand gripped the floor, and she was pushing herself to her feet. The hands holding me down loosened their hold in shock, but kept their faces neutral.

They never wanted to fight in the first place, new wolves like us, if I could just get him to keep his back to her...

"Only a coward gets others to hold their opponent down." I met his hard gaze, echoing her final words.

"Ahh, the arrogance of youth." He laughed.

My eyes widened as her hands snaked across her torso, to the knife and she began to pull it out. I let out a growl to cover the sound as she yanked it from her body. She shouldn't be moving; she was so weak, with no wolf to strengthen her, blood pouring out onto the stone. What was happening?!

Then her eyes snapped open, pure, glowing gold filled her entire sockets. It surrounded her body, and the open, gaping hole in her chest. Her stance was determined, even as she put her weight on a clearly broken leg.

Luna is with her! Ares almost sang with pure joy.

Then I remembered what Jupiter himself said what felt like months ago. I could move souls to the next stage, he had a wolf to try and heal whatever she did, but I could help her remove him from this world. But how would I even access it? Why didn't he explain?

As the boys loosened their grip further as she limped in silence towards the Alpha, I made my move. I grabbed his leg, twisting it as I scrambled to my feet.

Maybe I wasn't supposed to help; maybe...Luna gave her a piece of herself, just like her mate had done for me.

"You're not the only one who can talk to Gods." I grinned, watching as pure fear took over his face.