Chapter Twenty-Two

Hey guys! I'm gonna do a little competition like I've done with previous books, where I dedicate the next chapter (24, as today is a double upload) to a person who comments picked at random (If more than one comments, which I hope they do!)

This chapter is dedicated to @Holeman81,who has followed this story from the beginning, thank you so much! 

There is a double upload today as I'm unhappy where I end this chapter, but it was the best place to break the chapters up otherwise it would be too long! 

Wolfsbane

Chapter 22

Branwen

I was led up three flights of stairs, down the hallway and through a set of double doors to what looked like a large apartment. White walls and wood flooring with modern furniture strategically placed around the large TV. The kitchen was armed for small dishes, and the dining table sat four. This was definitely a place for them to relax alone after their long days running the pack.

Auntie Annie opened the first door down, to a walk-in wardrobe, bigger than my room back home. Two sides were filled with clothes, from simple plain shirts to full on ballgowns. The side holding the door was filled with shoes and drawers, with the wall straight ahead a vanity table with makeup coating the counter.

A grimace found its way to my face. Pressed powder was more than enough for me at the best times, and with the clear skin Terra had now blessed me with, I had no need for it. She looked back and laughed as she pulled out the stool.

"Don't panic sweetheart. I just want to put some traditional werewolf make up on your eyes, maybe some lipstick if that. I wouldn't dream of hiding that pretty face."

I blushed and looked towards the dresses; I never knew what to say when people said nice things about me. They were rarely said, for one thing.

"Now, what you need is something vintage. I'm thinking 50s style." She babbled to herself from further down the rail.

"I like blue." I looked up at one of the short, casual blue dresses.

"I do too, but as this is a formal event directly concerning you, we need to stick to pack colours." She explained.

"Colours?" I asked.

"Me, you and Sam all wear gold somewhere on our outfits, our Betas were silvers and so on. The guests wear whatever they want, as it's not their party." She gestured to different coloured cloth for each pack rank.

"Ah, here we go!" She pressed a button, and the higher rail sank to eye level," We can't have anything too fancy before your Ascension. Oh...the Ascension!"

She clasped her hands to her chest, suddenly overcome with emotion. My eyes widened, panicked that she was going to cry.

"The Ascension ceremony is one of the best days of your life, and you'll be the first to become pack Alpha too...it'll be so special!"

"The...what ceremony?" I asked.

"While you are Alpha of your pack, you need perform a ceremony by the prior Alpha as you are from a bloodline. Luna welcomes you as her own, and it's a beautiful spiritual time."

She shook her head, and went back to the dresses," It'll be some time for yours though, as your grandfather was the last Alpha of your bloodline for your territory, and well...you know what that pack did."