Chapter Twenty

A/N: Hey everyone! This chapter introduces someone very important, I hope you enjoy! 

Wolfsbane

Chapter 20

Bran

Four wolves in half form approached us, each larger and more muscular than the last. Two black, one white, and one brown. They didn't growl, just simply looked down at us, waiting.

The boys rallied around me, Keagan crouching in front to protect my neck, while Toby and Rowan flanked my sides. Toby was growling lowly, warning the beasts to stay back.

"Why didn't you tell our Alpha you were passing through?" The taller black wolf stepped forwards, a deep bass voice filling my ears. I was shocked to see I could hear wolves from other packs, and his booming voice felt wrong in my head.

"We didn't know. We're chasing an intruder to our land. He and his pack have changed us all." I met his large, dark eyes and told the truth; thanking the goddess Keagan was hiding my shaking legs from view.

"What is your name, young wolf?"His voice softened slightly.

"Branwen Warren."

His eyes widened," Our Alpha is on the way, young ones. You are not in danger. I have sent our scouts to look for the intruder."

"He has no scent." I added.

"A sly trick using a dangerous substance. I will let the scouts know."

We heard footsteps, and the wolves parted to let another through the gaps in the trees. He was easily as tall as Rowan, and he shifted to his human form as soon as he stopped. He shook his brown, shoulder length hair free from his face, and surprised me by smiling down at us.

"I am so glad to finally meet you. I am Alpha Samuel Warren."

"Warren?" Keagan said in shock.

The man smiled broadly," I am your Uncle, young one."

"Uncle?" I gasped in disbelief. From what I could remember, I didn't have any blood uncles, just my Auntie who I don't remember.

Toby and Rowan tensed on either side of me, as confused as I was.

"Your father and I were brothers, albeit with a ten year age gap," His easy smile fell slightly as I stiffened.

"I wasn't allowed to approach you, but you've finally crossed into our territory." He shrugged, gesturing to the other wolves, who were walking back towards the trees, presumably to shift.

You have the same eyes. Terra said, and his blue eyes shone with happiness. Did I get these eyes from my father's side after all? Whoever he was, he was happy to see us.

"I'm so glad you were able to shift like us, it means we can see each other more. I'm just saddened by the circumstances it came about."

"I don't...understand." I struggled, my mother had never mentioned his family, I'd presumed my grandparents moved away somewhere and were long gone by now. Why would they keep themselves away?

"Why don't you come to the house with us? Bring your pack." He offered, still smiling.

"He does look like you". Rowan admitted in my mind.