Chapter Twenty-Nine

So I kept going back and forth over the layout of this chapter, but I think it works out fine here, let me know!

Wolfsbane

Chapter 29

Branwen

This scent was strange, usually when someone wore cologne I could always smell their scent underneath. This one felt like the cologne was the scent, and it confused my wolf no end.

Her boyfriends are getting stranger by the day. Terra said, trying to ease the tension.

The stranger still stood in front of the door, and from my bench across the street, I waited.

His fist raised a third time, but he turned on the spot, and look directly at me.

He looks like Uncle Sam.

He looks like you.

He walked down the steps, crossed the road, and took a seat in silence. He ran a hand through his hair, and I stared up at him in shock.

He towered above me, even taller than Rowan's 6'1. He had brown wavy hair to his shoulders and, like Uncle Sam; he had a strong jaw and dark stubble across his chin. He should have looked like he was in his late thirties, but he barely seemed older than his brother. His brown eyes were dark and they down at me intensely. Eyes I'd seen in a single photograph on the worst day of my life.

But...how could he be here?

"I don't understand." I whispered.

"I was a prisoner of a strong pack; I had to climb my way up the ranks until I was trusted enough to escape." His voice was deep, and vibrated with power like Sam's. I could see myself in the way his eyebrows furrowed in concern, and how his lip curled when he was nervous.

"Mum never told me, I thought you were dead!" I hissed, jumping to my feet.

"She's been through alot, motherhood was never for her. I wanted you, little one, but they took me on the way home with your sister." His brown eyes grew glassy, and I could see it from where I stood.

Is he my father?

Yes, his wolf recognises you as his child. Plus, look at him, he looks exactly like your Uncle.

"Did she die too?" My lip wobbled as I thought back to the graveside where I would spend those Friday afternoons, emptying my sorrows to two stone slabs.

"Yes, but she reached her eighth birthday, then they took her away."

He shocked me by wiping a hand across his face, his mouth shaking with emotion," You'll understand when you have children, but wolves feel when..."

He trailed off, his lack of words hung in the air.

He shook his head," Anyway, I came here looking for a small teenager, instead I find an Alpha."

I blushed and looked away. I never knew how to react to compliments. Do I say thank you?

"It's not too much of stretch, I suppose. After me, you would be the 36th generation Alpha. A female was bound to become one someday, our bloodline is too strong."

"After you?"

"I'm not here to uproot you or anything; I just think you need proper training. The pack I found will be able to help you reach your full potential." He said with a warm smile.