Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hi guys! 

I've been asked recently why I just don't have the Wolves be able to talk to each other. It was something I considered, but I think with the amount of communication between speaking to each other in human form, in the pack link, and with themselves to their wolves, I thought it would just be far too confusing for so many ways to communicate the reader wouldn't know who could hear what/who is talking to who etc. 

I was thinking about introducing something like this between mated couples, but for now, I think three (and a half) voices in their heads are enough! :) 

Enjoy the chapter! Shit's going down! 

Wolfsbane

Chapter 28

Branwen

The walk back through the forest later that evening was quiet. I'd spent the afternoon with Terra in my wolf form as her voice fully returned. Still, she barely said anything, just words of comfort as she sifted through last night's memories, exhausted as the Wolfsbane left my system.

Keagan had found nothing as he circled the pack limits, but with the sheer size of the territory, we weren't surprised. Rowan ran to Uncle Sam's pack to warn them of a possible intruder, for their Beta to tell him that he'd already slipped under their radar. Wounded and with a hurt ego, it was unlikely he'd return until he gathered some of his pack's fighters, but the question was when would he?

Toby had gone back to the house to explain to his dad that we'd stayed at Rowan's, and picked up some proper clothes for me, waiting next to the crumbling barn until I was ready.

I let out a sigh of relief as we walked through the patio doors. It felt like I'd been away for weeks, it was strange how this already felt like home. I wasn't afraid to speak my mind here, not anymore.

As I showered and attempted to fix my matted hair, I thought back to our earlier conversation. Terra was elated, that much was certain. She tried to stay subdued this afternoon, but her voice practically vibrated with joy.

And I had to side with her, my heart felt free for the first time in months. He wanted me!

I'd heard him pacing through the wall in his room, and I'd barely had time to dress in pyjamas before I heard a knock on the door.

"Listen...I think we need to talk properly." Toby was rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He quickly went into his room, and I swallowed nervously.

"How do you want to do this?" He rushed out.

"Do what?" My eyes wandered around the room, not sure if I should sit.

"This." He landed on the edge of his bed, gesturing to the space between us.

I paused for a second, blinking in his words," What do you mean?"

He sighed loudly," Me and you."

"Ohh!" I exclaimed, and smiled to myself," So what are we?"

He rolled his eyes," Well I don't know! I've never done this before."

"Neither have I." I said, still smiling.

He patted the bed next to him, and I sat down next to him. I started picking at the fabric of his duvet anxiously.

"First things first, are you my...girlfriend now, or what?"