Chapter 100

We were waiting, I looked at Liam, I listened,
I whispered" They're everywhere. With guns."
Liam whispered" Riley, you know the ins and outs of this entire building, can you get out? It's not gonna be safe here, and you're 7, with toothpick claws."
" I know one way..."
" How?" I looked up at the vents, he followed my stare," Okay, you gotta go straight to Scott, okay? No detours."
" What about you?"
" I'll be fine."
" And Mason, Corey?"
" Corey can get past all of them with Mason. I'm worried about you, you've already almost died because of the hunters. I don't want it happening again."
" You shouldn't have trusted Nolan."
" I know, you gotta go now." He lifted me up, I opened the vent and crawled in, I closed it back. I slowed down my heart rate and started quietly but quickly moving through the vents as fast as I could.

I got to the end of the vents, this is gonna be the worst part. I kicked it open and crawled onto the roof, I looked down the side of the hospital. I jumped off the edge and caught a window ledge, I breathed heavily, I sniffed the air... Stiles! I moved faster, jumping down to the ledges and then jumped to the ground. I hit the ground and rolled, I jumped back up and took off. Avoid people. Everyone is an enemy until proven not. I moved to four legs so I could run as a wolf, I sniffed the air, they're at the clinic... is that Derek's scent? I shook my head and stayed focused.

I got to the clinic, the door was locked, I started hitting it,
I said" Hey, let me in! Let me in!" I panted heavily," Let me in!" Scotty came to the door, he opened it, I fell onto him. He closed the door and locked it, lifting me up into his arms, my eyes closed.
I heard Stiles say" Okay, so you're telling me we gotta go up against this thing blind? And face our deepest fear?"
Scotty said" Yeah. Why? What do you fear the most?"
I said" Blindness."
Stiles said" Blindness."
Derek said" Becoming blind?"
" Yeah, terrified of it. Always have been. This just seems to be a situation of unfortunate overlap."
Scott said" Lydia, you and Stiles need to find Argent, get to the armory, rescue Jackson."
Lydia said" I don't think we have time to wait for him. I've gotten through those doors once, anyway. I can do it again."
Stiles said" Can we slow it down just for one second, make sure I'm grasping this? So, we're actually talking about doing this? We're gonna do exactly what Gerard wants us to? Is that right?"
Scott said" I think that if we stop the Anuk-ite, we stop it all."
Derek said" Stopping this thing can stop Gerard and the hunters?"
I said" They're not all hunters."
Lydia said" He's right. Most of them are ordinary people acting out of fear."
Scott said" Monroe's not gonna change. But I think that we can reach the others. Most of them, actually."
" The Anuk-ite is causing them to come from a place of fear."
Derek said" Well, fear's pretty motivating. Especially when it leads to anger."
Scott said" And I think that if we can take out the fear, we can take out the fight in them too. They're afraid of us, but they don't have to be. They just have to change their minds."
" Well, we have to change their minds."
Malia said" Okay, we can face the Anuk-ite. We can try to fight it blind. We can try to face our fears. But we still need to know how to catch it."
Scott said" We will figure that out. We always do."
Derek said" Oh, it is nice to see that somebody hasn't lost their optimism."
" Not yet."
Stiles said" I have."
Lydia said" We will buy you time, Scott. Who knows? Maybe Jackson has an answer."
Malia said" Maybe Argent will come back with one."
Scott said" You two. You're with me. And we need Peter. Anyone who could help stop this thing or slow it down."
" Where we headed?"
" The hight school."
Derek said" That's where we're gonna find this thing?"
" No. It'll find us."
We got ready to leave,
Scott said" Riley, how'd you-"
I said" The vents. I'm tiny!"
" Of course. You're with-"
" Lydia and Stiles. Who's getting Liam, Mason and Corey?"
" Theo's gonna try and help."
" I should have stayed with Liam. How'd Stiles and Derek get here?"
" Derek carried Stiles after Stiles got shot in the toe."
" Not surprising."
Stiles said" And we're leaving." Stiles lifted up," Riley, got any life altering things to tell me?" I smiled innocently and jumped out of his arms and ran to Lydia." Riley Stilinski."

We were in the car,
Stiles said" Okay, you got shot and my little brother got shot and no one told me anything?!"
I said" They had good reasons and Scott gave me 5 laffy taffys."
" You... You withheld vital information for candy?"
" I know how to take out someone with my fangs now."
" Does dad know you got shot?"
" Yep."
" I feel betrayed."
" You can feel betrayed after we win, now we gotta fight."
" He's grown up."
Lydia said" He had to."
——
We broke into the armory, I growled, then zoomed through a hunter's legs, grabbing their leg and pulling. I zoomed back and took out another hunter as Lydia and Stiles ran up. Lydia screamed, I covered my ears as Stiles kicked down the door.
Stiles said" Jackson?"
Jackson said" Stiles?"
Lydia said" Jackson?"
Stiles said" Already covered that."
" Oh, my god. It's you! It's really you." I sniffed the air and walked away from them, I found Ethan,
He said" Riley?"
I said" They'll be here in a minute. Lydia's doing a really squeaky voice." Then I saw Jackson and Lydia, they ran over,
Ethan said" How did you get out before me?"
Jackson said" Well, I talked my way out of it."
" You used the tail, didn't you?"
Lydia and I said" You still have a tail?"
" So gross."
Jackson said" Can you just get up? Let's go." My eyes glowed, I looked around,
I said" Scotty's hurt. We gotta go!" I ran out, I grabbed Stiles' hand as I went by him,
He said" Whoa! Bub, can't move as fast as you!"
" Then run! Scotty's hurt, we gotta go now!" My eyes glowed, and I shifted, I looked at them," Now!"

Stiles and I ran into the library, Stiles threw the mountain ash, and the Anuk-ite statued itself.
Scott was really hurt, he had to blind himself, Malia ran in,
She said" Scott? He's not healing? Scott, what happened to your eyes?"
Scott said" I had to. I'm sorry."
Derek said" Scott, you have to heal. If your eyes stay like this much longer, the damage is gonna be permanent."
Stiles said" Come on, Scott. Concentrate."
Scott said" I'm trying. It's not working. I can't focus."
Malia said" Hey, hey, look at me. Yes, you can. Just concentrate."
" I can't, I can't, I can't do it."
" Yes, you can. Scott, please just look at me." I tucked my face against Stiles' side,
Lydia said" Malia. Kiss him."
" What?"
" Kiss him." Malia kissed him, then she pulled away, Scott's eyes healed, I sighed.
——
We pulled up to the lot we were meeting Scott, and the wolf on the run. I jumped out of the jeep,
Alec said" Are they all... uh, different?"
Scott said" Some of them are. Some can do things you'd never believe. And others might only be human, but they make up for it by being really smart or really good in a fight."
" Who are they?"
" My friends. My pack. And you can be with us if you want. But you're gonna have to fight."
" Against Monroe?"
" And everyone that follows her."
" She said she's find me. That she'd hunt me down and kill me. She didn't care how old I was. She said I was a monster."
" You're not a monster. You're a werewolf. Like me." Scott walked, Stiles, Lydia and I followed him, then Derek, Malia and Liam. Alec caught up to us.

The End