Chapter 48

I was lifted up, I yawned and held onto a jacket,
Lydia whispered" We have to tell him."
Scott said" Not right now."
" Scott, he needs to know, he has every right to know."
" He's a 5 year old that doesn't have a concept of death."
I mumbled" Wha happen?" I lifted my head up, looking at them, they most smelled like sad." Why sad?"
Lydia said" Um, Riley, do you know that people die?" I nodded," Okay, um... so, so, Allison... she passed away, sweetie." I whimpered, my lip shook, I started crying, Scotty rocked me in his arms.
He whispered" Shh, shh, Riley, shh, shh."
——
Scotty said" Stiles and Kira said it was the nemeton that kept it trapped."
Doc said" The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human."
" The shape of my best friend."
Lydia said" Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?"
Doc said" I don't know. This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."
Scotty said" Is there anything that does?"
" Possibly. When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare."
Lydia said" Wait a second. Powerful objects? Like an alpha's claws?"
" Which Alpha?"
" Talia Hale. Peter had them in this wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?"
" It was."
Scotty said" How do you know?"
" Because I made it." My eyes glowed, I nuzzled my face against Scotty's neck then laid my chin on his shoulder.

Scotty said" Derek's got the triskele box. He's gonna meet us." Then Lydia got dizzy,
Doc said" What's wrong?"
She said" Something's happening. I had this sudden rushing feeling, like we're running out of time." Then Stiles and Kira walked in,
Stiles said" Yeah. Yeah, I kind of got that feeling, too."
——
Scott lifted me up as we got to the school and got out,
Stiles said" Scott, hold on. I know what you're all thinking. If this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"
Scotty said" The plan is to save you. That's the plan I'm going with." We walked in and it was snowing, Scott put me down as we walked in more, the door closed behind us.

A scary thing said" Like I promised, Stiles. We're going to kill all of them. One by one." Then Kira stopped a sword,
Scotty said" What the hell is this? Where are we?"
" Between life and death."
Lydia said" Bardo."
" But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying, too."
Stiles said" What? What do you mean?"
" I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital. The sheriff's station."
I mumbled" Daddy..." I held onto Stiles' shirt, whimpering.
" And now the animal clinic. Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?"
Stiles said" No, and I don't want to."
" When the samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin. Who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott... Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade." I held onto Stiles' shirt tighter," Unless Scott kills you first."
" Why? Why are you doing this?"
" To win the game." The oni moved their swords, I yelped, then I was grabbed.
I screamed" Stiles!" Going aahooo, I was thrown...
I hit the lockers, everything went spiny.
I breathed heavily, then looked around, I grabbed the lockers and pulled myself up. I ran to the end of the hallway, and crouched down, I want Stiles! I ran outside and then saw Isaac, I ran to him, we ran back inside and I saw my brother. The scary monster spit out a fly, and Isaac caught it in the wooden thingy. I ran to Scotty, then Stiles fell, I yelped and ran to him. Scotty put his jacket under his head, I nuzzled his neck, trying to wake him up.

Stiles said" Oh, god, I fainted, didn't I? We're alive. We all alive?"
Scott said" Yeah. We're okay." Lydia stood up, then she ran outside, Stiles followed her, then we followed them, quickly.
We got outside, Aiden was dead, Scott lifted me up, I laid my head on his shoulder.
——
I was sitting behind Stiles, Scotty brought out his claws, trying to show Malia how to. She tried but her claws didn't come out, I let my claws out right next to Stiles' ear. He grabbed my hands, she tried again but it didn't work.
Scotty said" It's okay. Don't think about it too much. Just try to let it happen." She did it again and they came out, I giggled, then she moved her arm towards Stiles. He fell back onto me, I yelped,
He said" Ah! Whoa!"
She said" Oh, I am so sorry."
I said" Get off!" I kicked him, he fell onto his butt, Scotty stopped a laugh from his mouth.
Stiles said" Bubby?"
" Oops. Sorry, Stiles!" I hugged his neck, he smiled and pulled me over his shoulder into his arms.
" Scott, shake him." I was lifted up by my legs,
" No, Scotty! Don't shake him!" Scotty shook me, I laughed and got dizzy, then he put me down." No more hugs for Scotty or Stiles!"
" That physically hurt me... ow, that hurt me!" I giggled, and jumped back onto the bed,
Scotty said" Riley, you're gonna hug us again, right?" I shook my head quickly," Riley?" I huffed, pouting my lips,
" Riley, you're joking, right? Just playing?" I stuck my tongue out at them," Scott..."
" Bacon burger and candy?"
" Anything you want?" I shook my head, giggling," Riley, we were just playing. This is not serious, Riley, give me a hug." I rolled away from him as he tried to hug me.
" I think he's serious, Stiles."
" No, no, he's a five year old! He can't be serious, and he's my brother! Come on, Riley, I'll buy you a bacon burger and.. and laffy taffy." Huh?
" That peaked his interest."
" So much candy, even though dad will be very mad with me when I do, but come on, hug me!" I giggled and hugged him," Oh, thank god!" He hugged me, squeezing me, I laughed and held onto his shirt.

Stiles was taking down his board, I was playing with the string,
Daddy said" Hey. Whatcha doing?"
Stiles said" Uh... Just, uh, clearing my head."
" What is that doing?" He looked at me, I giggled, and rolled around on the string.
" I've learned to kind of let him do his thing then clean up later."
" Good to know. Hi, Riley."
I squeaked" Hi, daddy! I'm string man!"
" Yeah, you are. Good job." I giggled and pulled at the string with my teeth, I laughed as Stiles stared at me.
Stiles said" Dude, you're so weird, and it's not... it's hilarious." He took a picture, I smiled widely," Riley! Really, fangs?!"