Chapter 57

The doctor said" All right, Mr. Stilinski..."
Stile said" Sheriff."
" Sheriff Stilinski. I've got you scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning. Unfortunately it's going to take a little digging to get that slug out of your shoulder."
Daddy said" That's fine. One more." We moved out of the way," What's this part here? This line?"
" Patient Responsibility. Parts of the procedure and hospital stay not covered by insurance."
" Are those big parts? Expensive parts?"
" That's between you and your insurance unfortunately. You should start feeling the morphine in a minute. Try to get some rest, Mr... Sheriff." Stiles smelled funny, I looked up at him, the doctor walked out of the room.
" Hey, stop that. I was just curious about the terminology. We're not in any kind of dire straits."
Stiles said" I know about the bills, dad. I know about the collectors calling about Eichen House. I know about the advance from the department, about the credit cards."
" Stiles, are you going through my stuff?"
" Yeah, I go through all of your stuff. Especially when you keep things from me."
" I keep things from you because you don't need to know everything."
" Yes, I do. I have to know everything. How the hell else am I supposed to take care of you?"
" You're not supposed to take care of me! I'm the dad. You're the son. You get it? Dad. Son. I take care of you." Stiles sat down and pulled me onto his lap,
" We're supposed to take care of each other."
" Hey, we're going to be all right."
" How do you know, dad?"
" I don't. But the morphine's kicking in. I'm not all that worried about anything right now."
" But I am." I nuzzled my face against Stiles' neck, yawning, I closed my eyes,
I said" Nighty night, Stiles."
" Goodnight, Riley." He kissed my head, He rubbed my back, I fell asleep.
——
I was playing in my room, I found my jump rope and started playing with it then it got caught around my my ankle. I whined and tried to pull it off but it only got tighter, then it got stuck under my bed. I growled and pulled at my foot, I cried out, Stiles ran in, he sighed,
He said" What did you- how did... Never mind." He crouched down and untied my foot, I ran to the other side of the room, pouting at my rope." Uh, here, play with your other toys. Play with legos or something." He poured out my big legos and walked out, I smiled and began playing with them.

Stiles ran into my room, I looked at him,
He said" Okay, so Scott's coming to pick you up, okay? Lydia and I are headed to the station for big kid problems."
I said" Okay." He lifted me up, putting shoes on me," Scott's house?"
" No, I think Scott's going to the school thing, but it's fine, he'll keep you safe."
" Okay!" I heard Scott's bike coming down the road, I whined and jumped off Stiles' shoulder, running downstairs.
I ran outside and tackled Scotty to the ground, he smiled at me, rubbing our noses together. I laughed, Stiles walked out,
Stiles said" Kinda glad you only tackle Scott. Ouch." Scott stood up, lifting me onto his hip," Okay, so he's already ate, but he's like constantly wanting a snack so there's gold fish in his bag, and his bottle filled with apple juice."
Scott said" I've babysat him a million times."
" I know, look, just keep an eye on him."
" I will, Stiles."
" Thanks, by the way."
" It's no problem. We both know he won't sit at the station without getting bored."
" Tigger is in the bag, so if he starts to whine."
" I got it."
" Sorry, I just..."
" I know, Stiles, I'll keep him with me."
" Yeah. All right, bub, come'er." I went into Stiles' arms, hugging his neck tightly," Can't breathe." I giggled, letting go of his neck, he hugged me and kissed my head," Be good. Stay with Scott."
I said" Okay! Bye, Stiles!"
" Bye. Love you!"
" Love you!" I giggled, going back into Scott's arms, we got on his bike,
Scotty said" Attach." My claws came out and held onto his shoulders, I smiled," Good job, little dude!"
——
We were at the thingy, I was covering my ears nuzzling against Scott's neck, he rubbed my back.
I heard Scotty say" Hey. What're you doing here?"
Malia said" Getting drunk. What are you doing?"
" Trying to make sure no one gets hurt."
" That sounds fun too."
" I don't want to ruin your night or anything, but we kind of can't get drunk."
" What?"
" I think it has something to do with our healing. But, trust me, I've tried. You're not gonna feel anything."
" Maybe you should tell him that."
" I just want to talk."
" Well, I just want to dance."
" We had our reasons. We didnt tell you about Peter..."
" To protect me. That's what Peter said you would say. And guess what he said next? That you were right. Does that surprise you?"
" No. It makes me wonder what he wants. Malia, we need to stay together. You, me, Stiles..."
" I don't want to talk about Stiles. I just want to dance. And get drunk."
" Hey, whoa, whoa." One of his hands left my back," You are drunk."
" Yep."
" But you can't be."
" Is this what drunk feels like? It doesn't feel as good as I hoped."
" I don't think it's supposed to." I whined as the music made my ears hurt, I dug my face into Scotty's shoulder, rubbing my head against it quickly." Malia... what's in this? What did you have to drink?"
" Just vodka."
" Stay on your feet and keep moving. Riley, hold on." I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding onto him, I whimpered loudly against the side of his face.
He put me down, I covered my ears, he gave Malia a bottle of water.
Scotty said" How much has he had to drink?"
Liam's friend said" Not enough to get him like this."
" Something's happening. We need to get them out of here. I think we're gonna have to, um..."
" How much did you drink?"
" Nothing. Not even a sip." I covered my ears more, whining, Scotty leaned against the table. I yelped as the music got louder, I pulled my knees up and covered my head." It's not the drinks. It's the music. I have to... I have to turn off the music. Don't let them out of your sight." Scott put his forehead on mine," Run." I jumped off the table and ran, I pushed past the bodies and ran as fast as I could. I saw someone chasing me, I spun around a tree then ran off, as fast as I could again.
I ran in front of a car, I whined, then I heard Derek,
He said" Riley?!" I whined and ran to him, he lifted me up," Where's Scott?" I pointed towards the school, he got back into a car.

He put me down,
He said" Stay right here." He and Braeden walked away, I heard fighting." Riley, it's safe now." I peeked around the corner, sneezing, I walked out from behind the wall. I walked to Derek and hid behind his legs, holding onto his jacket.