Chapter 87

Malia was punching Theo, then she brought out her claws,
Scott said" Malia, enough." Scott and Liam pulled her back," Slow down, okay? He's going back in the ground."
Liam said" You can't. He remembers Stiles."
Malia said" Scott remembers Stiles. Lydia and I remember Stiles."
" The dread doctors knew all about the wild hunt. He can help us."
Scott said" Or he could kill us."
" He's my responsibility. Noshiko gave me the sword."
Theo said" It's so awkward when mom and dad fight."
Scott and Liam said" Shut up!"
Hayden said" You both are right. If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the skinwalkers. But for right now..."
Scott said" He goes back now."
Theo said" Except Liam's the one with the sword."
They all said" Shut up!" Liam and Scott walked away,
Hayden said" Malia..."
Malia said" Can you give me a second alone with Theo?"
" Why?"
" So I can kill him."
Theo said" Okay, look, I know that there's mixed feelings all around. But I might be your only option to stop the wild hunt."
" Let's kill him." I yawned, and laid down on the floor, I curled up, laying my chin on my arm as my eyes closed.
——
Scott sat me down as we got to the place where Theo said the transformer was. He gave me a spider man action figure and went to help Corey and Mason.

Liam, Hayden and Theo walked in,
Hayden said" You did it."
Mason said" Of course we did it." Theo walked to the big machine, he turned it on,
He said" This thing can transmute the energy from a lightning bolt. Even successive strikes."
Scott said" Mason, are you sure this is gonna work?"
Mason said" Well, whatever's inside this cage is shielded from any outside electrical current. So the ghost rider won't be able to use lightning to escape."
Corey said" We put a lightning rod on the roof and connected it to that conduit cable. Drawing the ghost rider to that spot."
" We can't send him directly in because the cage neutralizes electromagnetism. Lightning will just bounce off it. Which is the same reason it'll hold him in."
Scott said" If the ghost rider lands here, how do we get him in the cage?"
Corey said" We have to lure him in."
" Bait?"
Hayden said" I'll do it. It'll be okay. I'm faster than you."
Mason said" As soon as Hayden's out, Scott and Liam, you guys close the gates, and then I'll put down a barrier of mountain ash."
Corey said" I'll be on the roof to take down the rod."
" We'll be on the lookout for any other Ghost riders."
Liam said" What do you think?"
Scott said" I think it's the best idea that we have right now."
Theo said" As long as everything goes perfectly and he doesn't escape and kill us all."
Hayden said" And your transformer works and the whole place doesn't catch on fire."
Mason said" And there isn't a catastrophic solar flare."
Scott said" Let's do it."
" Okay."
" Riley, hide." I scrambled up and hid behind some boxes, crouching down low, ready to pounce and run out the door if anything goes wrong.
——
The plan worked, Mason lifted me up as he ran out the door, Scott needed to make sure I'd be safe.

Mason, Hayden, Corey and me were in the woods, Corey was invisible on a tree. Hayden walked up,
She said" Where's Corey?"
Mason said" He's over there." Corey became visible,
" How did you know?"
Corey said" How did you do know?"
Mason said" There's a refraction of light around your silhouette that I can always see. I don't know, it probably has something to do with pheromones or some other chemical interaction. It's my only power. Finding you."
" Did you see anything on your end?"
Hayden said" No. It's all clear."
Mason said" I wish we knew what was happening." Hayden's phone beeped, she looked at it," Anything?"
" They can't get him to talk."
" They were communicating."
Corey said" Who?"
" I was wrong about him. Well, no, I was right about him. Actually, I was wrong about him but I was right about the wrong thing."
" Who are we talking about here?"
" Parrish. Remember how I though that the ghost riders were scared of him?"
Hayden said" At the party?"
" I think that he was actually trying to communicate with him. We need Parrish."

Mason and I walked up to Hayden,
She said" Nothing."
Mason said" Same here. How do you think it's going?"
" I bet it's working."
I said" Do you think we'll find Stiles soon?"
" Yeah, definitely, Riley."

We got back to the place, Scott and Liam with me, Hayden and Mason. I was in Mason's arms, starting to fall asleep,
I heard Theo say" It was Mr. Douglas. He ate his brain."
Liam said" Scott was right. I was wrong. I'm sending you back."
Scott said" It wasn't his brain." I went to lift my head, Mason put his hand on the back of my head." Mr. Douglas ate his pineal gland."
Mason said" It couldn't have been Theo. These murders have been going on for weeks."
Liam said" Guys. His whip's gone."