Chapter 19

Stiles stopped the jeep,
He said" What do we do now?" I watched Scotty jump out and run, jumping over the fence.

We found Scotty again, He turned around to see Stiles,
Stiles said" Sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?"
Scott said" I lost him."
" What? You couldn't catch his scent?"
" I don't think he has one."
" All right, any clue where he's going?"
" To kill someone."
" Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Scotty looked at him," What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."
" Just help me find it."
" Not it. Jackson."
" Yeah, I know. I-I know."
" All right, does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?"
" I mean, I don't think so, he already passed Derek's test anyway."
" Yeah, that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?"
" I don't know."
" Maybe it's like an either or thing. Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"
" When it's jackson."
" Uh..." I followed Stiles' head and saw the monster, I held onto Stiles' hoodie," Dude. See that?" Scott looked up too,
" He's inside."
" What's he gonna do in there."
" I know who he's after."
" What, how? How? Did you smell something?"
" Armani." Stiles tried to open the door,
" Aw, come on." I grabbed the knob, tugging, I heard it creak, I looked at Scott, he moved me." All right, maybe there's, like, a, uh-like a window we could climb through, or some kind of..." Scott gave the doorknob to him, I smiled," Handle that we could rip off with supernatural strength. How'd I not think of that one?" I looked at him," Oh, god, I can't take you in here... uh... go back to the jeep, Riley, we'll be out in a few minutes." I tilted my head," Go take a nap, okay?" I yawned, nodding my head, I ran back to the jeep and pulled the door open, I crawled in and closed the door. I curled up in the seat, closing my eyes, holding tigger.
I woke up a little to being moved,
I heard Stiles say" Scott, take him, just hold him, there's no room in the backseat." Then I was being bounced a little, I started falling back to sleep.
Scott said" I couldn't get anything out of Danny."
" Okay, can we just get the hell out of here now, before one of my dad's deputies sees me? Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Could this get any worse." I heard Jackson groan," That was rhetorical."
" Get rid of him."
" Get rid of him? We're at a crime scene and he's the sheriff."
" Do something."
" Keep Riley down." I heard the door open, I was scooted onto the other seat,
" Jackson, jackson, be quiet."
I whined" Stiles?"
" Shh, Riley, it's okay, go back to sleep, little dude." I nodded my head, falling back to sleep again.
——
They took Jackson, Stiles stole a big van from the police, Stiles was talking to Jackson, I was in the front seat, playing with Tigger.

Stiles was on a phone, Allison was walking up here, then she tapped his shoulder.
Stiles said" Oh, my god."
Allison said" They know."
" What?"
" They know Jackson's missing."
" No, they can't. I've been texting his parents since last night. They don't have a clue."
" My grandfather told me his parents went to the police." Stiles gave the phone to Allison and went to the radio inside the van,
The radio said" All available units proceed to Beacon Hills preserve as instructed. Proceed with caution until Sheriff Stilinski's arrival. Repeat: Proceed with caution."
We got into the van, I was in Allison's lap,
She said" Where are we going?"
Stiles said" Somewhere very far from this." Then he threw Jackson's phone out the window, and drove away.

Stiles was carrying me on his hip,
Scott said" If Jackson doesn't remember being the kanima, he's definitely not gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet."
Stiles said" Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?"
Allison said" What if someone else took it?"
" Then somebody else knows what he is."
Scott said" Which could mean someone's protecting him."
Allison said" Like the bestiary says, the kanima seeks a friend, right?"
Stiles said" Okay, hold on. So, somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the kanima, and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know? I mean, who would do that?"
" Somebody who wanted to protect him?"
Scott said" There's something else. You said the only thing you found online about the kanima is that it goes after murders. What if that's actually true?"
Stiles said" Well, no, it can't be. Tried to kill all of us, remember? I don't know about you two, but I haven't murdered anybody lately."
" But I-I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us. Remember when we were at Isaac's the first time, it just went right by us, didn't it?"
Allison said" You're right, it just ran off."
" And it didn't kill you in the mechanic's garage."
Stiles said" Well, yeah, but it tried to kill me and Derek in the pool."
" Did it?"
" It would've. It was waiting for us to come out."
" What if it was trying to keep you in?"
" Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?"
" Because there's something else going on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson, or why someone's protecting him."
Allison said" Know thy enemy. Just something my grandfather said."
Stiles said" All right, I got it. Kill Jackson. Problem solved." They looked at him, Stiles put me down to raise his arms up.
Scott said" He risked his life for us. Against Peter, you remember that?"
" Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us, it's funny."
" Yeah, it doesnt mean he's not still worth saving."
" It's always something with him, though."
" He doesn't know what he's doing."
" So what?"
" So, I didn't either. You remember when I almost killed you and Jackson? I had someone to stop me. He has nobody."
" That's his own fault."
" Doesn't matter. If we can save him, we should try."

I whined as I was moved to someone's shoulder, then sat down, I fell back to sleep.